Injured Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede being monitored by medical staff

Rudy Gestede

Rudy Gestede

First published in Sport Blackburn Citizen: Photograph of the Author by , Blackburn Rovers reporter

BLACKBURN Rovers are continuing to monitor the training-ground injury sustained by Rudy Gestede which ruled him out of Saturday’s defeat at Wolves.

The striker went over on his ankle and hurt his knee last Friday and has yet to return to training.

Rovers boss Gary Bowyer said: “He’s just getting monitored and assessed by the medical team and we expect him to train at the back end of this week.”

Comments (10)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:37pm Wed 3 Sep 14

dinglecrusher says...

Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break
Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break dinglecrusher
  • Score: 11

1:53pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Its Only a game boy says...

should have got a striker in instead of that lame duck.....
should have got a striker in instead of that lame duck..... Its Only a game boy
  • Score: -13

2:15pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Harwoodstblue says...

dinglecrusher wrote:
Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break
Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.
[quote][p][bold]dinglecrusher[/bold] wrote: Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break[/p][/quote]Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield. Harwoodstblue
  • Score: 6

2:20pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Its Only a game boy says...

Harwoodstblue wrote:
dinglecrusher wrote:
Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break
Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.
Is your dad Jim Bowen?
[quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dinglecrusher[/bold] wrote: Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break[/p][/quote]Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.[/p][/quote]Is your dad Jim Bowen? Its Only a game boy
  • Score: -6

3:20pm Wed 3 Sep 14

Rovers 1495 says...

Its Only a game boy wrote:
Harwoodstblue wrote:
dinglecrusher wrote:
Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break
Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.
Is your dad Jim Bowen?
Is your dad your mum ?
[quote][p][bold]Its Only a game boy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dinglecrusher[/bold] wrote: Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break[/p][/quote]Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.[/p][/quote]Is your dad Jim Bowen?[/p][/quote]Is your dad your mum ? Rovers 1495
  • Score: 13

4:11pm Wed 3 Sep 14

TurfMoor Tom says...

I told you we'd be screwed when the injuries start. Its a long season in the Championship and you expect at least a few lengthy lay offs during the season. We've all seen the standard of our back up players and I doubt most would get a game at League Two level. Its shocking what Bowyer has done to the strength in depth that we gleefully m@sturbated over last season as the Clarets suffered injury to their talismanic front two having little backup available. Karma has a way of biding its time.

We are poor without Rudy but if we lose Rhodes to injury make no mistake we are royally f@#ked.

Bowyer out.
I told you we'd be screwed when the injuries start. Its a long season in the Championship and you expect at least a few lengthy lay offs during the season. We've all seen the standard of our back up players and I doubt most would get a game at League Two level. Its shocking what Bowyer has done to the strength in depth that we gleefully m@sturbated over last season as the Clarets suffered injury to their talismanic front two having little backup available. Karma has a way of biding its time. We are poor without Rudy but if we lose Rhodes to injury make no mistake we are royally f@#ked. Bowyer out. TurfMoor Tom
  • Score: -5

5:39pm Wed 3 Sep 14

chez rover says...

TurfMoor Tom wrote:
I told you we'd be screwed when the injuries start. Its a long season in the Championship and you expect at least a few lengthy lay offs during the season. We've all seen the standard of our back up players and I doubt most would get a game at League Two level. Its shocking what Bowyer has done to the strength in depth that we gleefully m@sturbated over last season as the Clarets suffered injury to their talismanic front two having little backup available. Karma has a way of biding its time.

We are poor without Rudy but if we lose Rhodes to injury make no mistake we are royally f@#ked.

Bowyer out.
Make no mistake we'll be fine!

What ifs, buts and maybes!

You can say the same for every club in the country!
What if Forest lose Lansbury, Reid, Hunt and Blackstock
Just like we have recently lost Gestede, Ollson, Spurr and Killgalon??

I'm not saying they are equally good, I'm saying they are as equally important to their respective clubs.

Rovers will be fine! Its going to be a great season!

COYB
[quote][p][bold]TurfMoor Tom[/bold] wrote: I told you we'd be screwed when the injuries start. Its a long season in the Championship and you expect at least a few lengthy lay offs during the season. We've all seen the standard of our back up players and I doubt most would get a game at League Two level. Its shocking what Bowyer has done to the strength in depth that we gleefully m@sturbated over last season as the Clarets suffered injury to their talismanic front two having little backup available. Karma has a way of biding its time. We are poor without Rudy but if we lose Rhodes to injury make no mistake we are royally f@#ked. Bowyer out.[/p][/quote]Make no mistake we'll be fine! What ifs, buts and maybes! You can say the same for every club in the country! What if Forest lose Lansbury, Reid, Hunt and Blackstock Just like we have recently lost Gestede, Ollson, Spurr and Killgalon?? I'm not saying they are equally good, I'm saying they are as equally important to their respective clubs. Rovers will be fine! Its going to be a great season! COYB chez rover
  • Score: 8

6:11pm Wed 3 Sep 14

greenscreener says...

No panic, time to recover, but if it takes a bit longer, isn't this exactly why we brought Brown in.
No panic, time to recover, but if it takes a bit longer, isn't this exactly why we brought Brown in. greenscreener
  • Score: 5

9:47pm Wed 3 Sep 14

digitusjonfred says...

Its Only a game boy wrote:
Harwoodstblue wrote:
dinglecrusher wrote:
Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break
Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.
Is your dad Jim Bowen?
Yes
[quote][p][bold]Its Only a game boy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Harwoodstblue[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dinglecrusher[/bold] wrote: Doesn't sound promising but at least we have the international break[/p][/quote]Lots of time to get him fit for the next match if he's back in training as expected by Friday. Hopefully we'll have a new look team out by then with a stronger defence and midfield.[/p][/quote]Is your dad Jim Bowen?[/p][/quote]Yes digitusjonfred
  • Score: 1

9:49pm Wed 3 Sep 14

digitusjonfred says...

chez rover wrote:
TurfMoor Tom wrote:
I told you we'd be screwed when the injuries start. Its a long season in the Championship and you expect at least a few lengthy lay offs during the season. We've all seen the standard of our back up players and I doubt most would get a game at League Two level. Its shocking what Bowyer has done to the strength in depth that we gleefully m@sturbated over last season as the Clarets suffered injury to their talismanic front two having little backup available. Karma has a way of biding its time.

We are poor without Rudy but if we lose Rhodes to injury make no mistake we are royally f@#ked.

Bowyer out.
Make no mistake we'll be fine!

What ifs, buts and maybes!

You can say the same for every club in the country!
What if Forest lose Lansbury, Reid, Hunt and Blackstock
Just like we have recently lost Gestede, Ollson, Spurr and Killgalon??

I'm not saying they are equally good, I'm saying they are as equally important to their respective clubs.

Rovers will be fine! Its going to be a great season!

COYB
r u from Stevenage ??
[quote][p][bold]chez rover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TurfMoor Tom[/bold] wrote: I told you we'd be screwed when the injuries start. Its a long season in the Championship and you expect at least a few lengthy lay offs during the season. We've all seen the standard of our back up players and I doubt most would get a game at League Two level. Its shocking what Bowyer has done to the strength in depth that we gleefully m@sturbated over last season as the Clarets suffered injury to their talismanic front two having little backup available. Karma has a way of biding its time. We are poor without Rudy but if we lose Rhodes to injury make no mistake we are royally f@#ked. Bowyer out.[/p][/quote]Make no mistake we'll be fine! What ifs, buts and maybes! You can say the same for every club in the country! What if Forest lose Lansbury, Reid, Hunt and Blackstock Just like we have recently lost Gestede, Ollson, Spurr and Killgalon?? I'm not saying they are equally good, I'm saying they are as equally important to their respective clubs. Rovers will be fine! Its going to be a great season! COYB[/p][/quote]r u from Stevenage ?? digitusjonfred
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree