When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Knife threat man sends apologies to victims on Accrington market
12:57pm Tuesday 29th April 2014 in Hyndburn
WORKERS on Accrington market were confronted by a knife wielding man.
Blackburn magistrates heard Giuliano David Mazzolin said he would ‘take’ both the men and then thrust the 12-inch knife towards them.
And one of the victims said: “I now realise I have been threatened by a complete stranger with a large knife,” he told police.
“At the time I didn’t realise the seriousness of the situation but now I feel lucky to be alive.”
Mazzolin, 55, of Slaidburn Drive, Accrington, pleaded guilty to possessing a knife in a public place and using threatening behaviour. He was committed on bail to Burnley Crown Court to be sentenced.
Gareth Price, defending, said for a couple of weeks Mazzolin had been struggling with no benefits and no support.
“He did not know which way to turn,” said Mr Price. “He did brandish the knife but he was five or six metres away from the market workers.
“Without any intervention he put the knife away and walked off.”
Mr Price said Mazzolin had written a letter of apology to the men.
Comments are closed on this article.