Blaze hits former restaurant in Oswaldtwistle

Blackburn Citizen: Firefighters at the scene of the fire Firefighters at the scene of the fire

A FIRE broke out at a former Indian restaurant in Oswaldtwistle yesterday afternoon.

Two fire crews from Accrington attended the scene in Haslingden Old Road shortly after 12.55pm after receiving reports of smoke coming from the roof of the former Usha Restaurant, which is currently undergoing renovations.

A defect in the chimney caused smoke from a fire, which was reportedly started by contractors in the building, to spill out into the roof causing the fire to spread. The fire caused serious structural damage to the beams and also burned a hole through the roof.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:01pm Wed 5 Feb 14

Davelyn says...

Probably left the chip pan on.
Probably left the chip pan on. Davelyn
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree