When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Smoke alarm stopped pan fire in Baxenden
11:17am Tuesday 15th October 2013 in Hyndburn
A SMOKE alarm prevented a pan fire getting out of hand at a home in Baxenden.
A fire engine was called after the male tenant of a property in Manchester Road, discovered the blaze which started when a piece of nearby material caught fire around 7.40pm on Sunday.
Due to the alarm, the middle-aged man was able to safely put out the fire before it became unmanageable.
Watch manager Liam Butler, whose crew attended the scene to check the property was safe, said: “Due to the presence of a working smoke alarm and the quick thinking actions of the tenant what could have been a major fire was averted.”
Comments are closed on this article.