When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Mum and daughter flee Darwen blaze
Updated 4:09pm Friday 15th February 2013 in Darwen
A WOMAN and her three-year-old daughter escaped after fire broke out in their bathroom.
Firefighters were called to the property in Watery Lane, Darwen, at around 9pm on Wednesday.
Crew manager Darryl Wood said the pair had been lucky.
He said: “The woman had run a bath and put candles around it while her child was in bed.
“Whilst she was downstairs, the candles melted the side of the bath surround which ignited other items in the bathroom.
“She smelt the smoke, grabbed her daughter, and raised the alarm.
“The bathroom was destroyed by fire and there was smoke damage to the hallway.
“They were very lucky. There was no smoke alarm at the property and it could have been much worse.”
The mother and daughter were taken to hospital as a precaution.
Comments are closed on this article.