Lorry crashes into Little Harwood railway bridge

Lorry crashes into Little Harwood railway bridge

Photo: Andy Pearson

Photo: Andy Pearson

First published in News Blackburn Citizen: Photograph of the Author by , Health reporter

A LORRY carrying a crane has crashed into a railway bridge in Blackburn.

Police and recovery vehicles were called at 7.50am this morning to Plane Tree Road, Little Harwood, after the crane became lodged under the bridge.

The front wheels of the lorry were lifted into the air, and the rear of the lorry was pushed into the road, damaging the surface.

Blackburn with Darwen Council highways team were also called to the scene, after fears the damaged surface would be unsafe for motorcylists.

Comments (17)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:06am Fri 28 Sep 12

jack denials says...

Why are all crane operators bi-sexual?

....They swing both ways :) lol
Why are all crane operators bi-sexual? ....They swing both ways :) lol jack denials
  • Score: 2

11:11am Fri 28 Sep 12

Norm de Plume says...

Do tell. They do seem to be innumerate
Do tell. They do seem to be innumerate Norm de Plume
  • Score: 0

11:12am Fri 28 Sep 12

jack denials says...

Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol". jack denials
  • Score: 4

11:28am Fri 28 Sep 12

woolywords says...

Oh dear! This is going to cause quite a kerfuffle and no small one at that.
Trains will either be delayed or cancelled until the bridge has been inspected by Rail Track, who are based miles away.
The Police will roll out their surveying kit and faff around for a few hours..
Fire service will stand around, not having a clue what to do..
The recovery team will need to have specialised lifting gear on the scene..
Tip-offs to local TV and radio stations have to be made..

Put me down for a quid that it won't be cleared before 2'o'clock, will you?
Oh dear! This is going to cause quite a kerfuffle and no small one at that. Trains will either be delayed or cancelled until the bridge has been inspected by Rail Track, who are based miles away. The Police will roll out their surveying kit and faff around for a few hours.. Fire service will stand around, not having a clue what to do.. The recovery team will need to have specialised lifting gear on the scene.. Tip-offs to local TV and radio stations have to be made.. Put me down for a quid that it won't be cleared before 2'o'clock, will you? woolywords
  • Score: 0

2:09pm Fri 28 Sep 12

Keith Myath says...

Well, if the driver will insist on doing a wheelie when passing under a bridge...
Well, if the driver will insist on doing a wheelie when passing under a bridge... Keith Myath
  • Score: 0

2:25pm Fri 28 Sep 12

rover46 says...

it used to be double decker buses. I'm surprised the bridge is still standing
it used to be double decker buses. I'm surprised the bridge is still standing rover46
  • Score: 0

7:42pm Fri 28 Sep 12

bubble of reason says...

Must have been a Nasty Collision........mew
rongway has fallen off Badge!! Thought at first it was a Tipper??
Must have been a Nasty Collision........mew rongway has fallen off Badge!! Thought at first it was a Tipper?? bubble of reason
  • Score: 0

1:14am Sat 29 Sep 12

2 for 5p says...

I just hope they get any structional damage payed for by the owner of the lorry .
I don't want to out of my taxes.
I just hope they get any structional damage payed for by the owner of the lorry . I don't want to out of my taxes. 2 for 5p
  • Score: 1

9:05am Sat 29 Sep 12

N4you! says...

did the driver get arrested for robbing the clothing bank?
did the driver get arrested for robbing the clothing bank? N4you!
  • Score: 0

12:56pm Sat 29 Sep 12

sen c ble says...

jack denials wrote:
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge!

Silly impotent man.
[quote][p][bold]jack denials[/bold] wrote: Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".[/p][/quote]Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge! Silly impotent man. sen c ble
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Sat 29 Sep 12

woolywords says...

sen c ble wrote:
jack denials wrote:
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge!

Silly impotent man.
Mr Master...
If this is your idea of humour, I suggest that you cease and desist from it..
Your comment brings nothing to the table, apart from a blatant insult to an individual. Far better that you attack the issue, not a person.
Keiths' joke is, by far and away, funnier than yours..
I was going to say that they should check to see if the bridge is magnetic but your comment put me off.
Only recently, your comment was to the effect that I had moderated my tone. Apologise to Jack or my gloves come off and you know that I know the whole 9 volumes of the Hadith, including the funny parts that should never be spoken of to the Kufr.
[quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack denials[/bold] wrote: Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".[/p][/quote]Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge! Silly impotent man.[/p][/quote]Mr Master... If this is your idea of humour, I suggest that you cease and desist from it.. Your comment brings nothing to the table, apart from a blatant insult to an individual. Far better that you attack the issue, not a person. Keiths' joke is, by far and away, funnier than yours.. I was going to say that they should check to see if the bridge is magnetic but your comment put me off. Only recently, your comment was to the effect that I had moderated my tone. Apologise to Jack or my gloves come off and you know that I know the whole 9 volumes of the Hadith, including the funny parts that should never be spoken of to the Kufr. woolywords
  • Score: 0

12:54am Sun 30 Sep 12

Rimbus says...

sen c ble wrote:
jack denials wrote:
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge!

Silly impotent man.
I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself!
[quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack denials[/bold] wrote: Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".[/p][/quote]Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge! Silly impotent man.[/p][/quote]I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself! Rimbus
  • Score: 0

8:17am Sun 30 Sep 12

sen c ble says...

Rimbus wrote:
sen c ble wrote:
jack denials wrote:
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge!

Silly impotent man.
I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself!
You wouldn't be able to handle it, trust me. It's only what I and jd are what we called 'the regulars'.
So do us a favour, go and continue sucking your lollipop as you normally do!
[quote][p][bold]Rimbus[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack denials[/bold] wrote: Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".[/p][/quote]Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge! Silly impotent man.[/p][/quote]I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself![/p][/quote]You wouldn't be able to handle it, trust me. It's only what I and jd are what we called 'the regulars'. So do us a favour, go and continue sucking your lollipop as you normally do! sen c ble
  • Score: 0

8:46pm Sun 30 Sep 12

Rimbus says...

sen c ble wrote:
Rimbus wrote:
sen c ble wrote:
jack denials wrote:
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge!

Silly impotent man.
I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself!
You wouldn't be able to handle it, trust me. It's only what I and jd are what we called 'the regulars'.
So do us a favour, go and continue sucking your lollipop as you normally do!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
[quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rimbus[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack denials[/bold] wrote: Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".[/p][/quote]Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge! Silly impotent man.[/p][/quote]I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself![/p][/quote]You wouldn't be able to handle it, trust me. It's only what I and jd are what we called 'the regulars'. So do us a favour, go and continue sucking your lollipop as you normally do![/p][/quote]"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) Rimbus
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Sun 30 Sep 12

sen c ble says...

Rimbus wrote:
sen c ble wrote:
Rimbus wrote:
sen c ble wrote:
jack denials wrote:
Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?"

The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".
Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge!

Silly impotent man.
I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself!
You wouldn't be able to handle it, trust me. It's only what I and jd are what we called 'the regulars'.
So do us a favour, go and continue sucking your lollipop as you normally do!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former".

Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
When humor goes, there goes civilization.

If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide!
[quote][p][bold]Rimbus[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rimbus[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c ble[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jack denials[/bold] wrote: Police on arrival asked the truck driver "Got stuck heh?" The truck driver responded "No officer, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of petrol".[/p][/quote]Now look what you've done. Didn't I tell you not to empty the viagra bottle. Rather than having some effect on yourself, you've shafted the 8loody bridge! Silly impotent man.[/p][/quote]I don't know what you've been smoking but I wouldn't mind a bit myself![/p][/quote]You wouldn't be able to handle it, trust me. It's only what I and jd are what we called 'the regulars'. So do us a favour, go and continue sucking your lollipop as you normally do![/p][/quote]"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former". Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)[/p][/quote]When humor goes, there goes civilization. If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide! sen c ble
  • Score: 0

12:09pm Mon 1 Oct 12

jack denials says...

A persons accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail....

I guess neither of you “Jack Daniel” Bashers realised that I am "Jack Denials"....nothing to do with that Imbecile, who I dislike too....
A persons accomplishments in life are the cumulative effect of his attention to detail.... I guess neither of you “Jack Daniel” Bashers realised that I am "Jack Denials"....nothing to do with that Imbecile, who I dislike too.... jack denials
  • Score: 0

12:45pm Mon 1 Oct 12

sen c ble says...

Well hard!
Well hard! sen c ble
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree