Police appeal after serious M65 accident

Police appeal after serious M65 accident

Police appeal after serious M65 accident

First published in News
Last updated
Blackburn Citizen: Photograph of the Author by , Web Editor

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after an accident on the M65 Eastbound left a 5-year-old passenger with serious head injuries.

Officers were called at around 9:15pm last night following reports of an accident on the slip road at junction 6 of the M65.

It is believed that a Subaru Impreza car was travelling on the slip road when a sliver car overtook the vehicle.

The Subaru came off the nearside of the carriageway and collided with a tree.

The driver, a 44-year-old man, suffered broken bones. A 5-year-old passenger was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital with serious head injuries and a suspected fractured skull.

Sergeant David Hogarth of the Road Policing Team said: “We are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident to get in touch so that we can establish how this accident happened.

“We would also like to speak to the driver of the silver vehicle who may have important information that could help us form a better picture of how the Subaru has come to leave the carriageway and crash.”

Anyone with information should contact Lancashire Police on 101 quoting log number 1325 of Thursday, August 21st or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Comments (19)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:42am Fri 22 Aug 14

superdad1 says...

Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car,
My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon
Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car, My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon superdad1
  • Score: -12

11:13am Fri 22 Aug 14

rudis_dad says...

superdad1 wrote:
Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car,
My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon
Wow. Nothing like a sweeping generalisation, is there? Powerful car involved, ergo it was being driven too fast. Perhaps you should join the traffic police seeing as you know all the facts. How do you know what sort of Impreza it was? Might have been a bog stocker for all you know, they do make other versions besides the WRX.

I would also add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to those involved.
[quote][p][bold]superdad1[/bold] wrote: Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car, My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon[/p][/quote]Wow. Nothing like a sweeping generalisation, is there? Powerful car involved, ergo it was being driven too fast. Perhaps you should join the traffic police seeing as you know all the facts. How do you know what sort of Impreza it was? Might have been a bog stocker for all you know, they do make other versions besides the WRX. I would also add my best wishes for a speedy recovery to those involved. rudis_dad
  • Score: 33

11:18am Fri 22 Aug 14

burner says...

. . . " My symphony goes out ".
.
More proof that you are sub-prime . . . . . what instrument do you play? . . . a crumpet ?
. . . " My symphony goes out ". . More proof that you are sub-prime . . . . . what instrument do you play? . . . a crumpet ? burner
  • Score: 35

11:34am Fri 22 Aug 14

Samantha ;) says...

It was those in the subru that was injured due to the fact a silver car over took them and made the subru hit a tree
It was those in the subru that was injured due to the fact a silver car over took them and made the subru hit a tree Samantha ;)
  • Score: 5

11:36am Fri 22 Aug 14

mark anthony says...

Unfamiliar motorway driving? Hope those involved have a speedy recovery.
Unfamiliar motorway driving? Hope those involved have a speedy recovery. mark anthony
  • Score: 8

11:52am Fri 22 Aug 14

Fatpants666 says...

That first comment is class. Pmsl.
That first comment is class. Pmsl. Fatpants666
  • Score: 14

11:52am Fri 22 Aug 14

burner says...

Yes, Sam . . . . . IF the Sub driver is telling the truth !!! No witnesses.
Yes, Sam . . . . . IF the Sub driver is telling the truth !!! No witnesses. burner
  • Score: 8

12:13pm Fri 22 Aug 14

HelmshoreMan2010 says...

superdad1 wrote:
Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car,
My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon
That's about as useful as saying "has access to the internet, put him on a register"

There's a big difference between being able to doing something and wanting to do it.
[quote][p][bold]superdad1[/bold] wrote: Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car, My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon[/p][/quote]That's about as useful as saying "has access to the internet, put him on a register" There's a big difference between being able to doing something and wanting to do it. HelmshoreMan2010
  • Score: 10

2:11pm Fri 22 Aug 14

HarryBosch says...

I certainly hope that the child makes a good recovery. As for the "silver car" - in my day it used to be a large black dog!
I certainly hope that the child makes a good recovery. As for the "silver car" - in my day it used to be a large black dog! HarryBosch
  • Score: 17

6:57pm Fri 22 Aug 14

Raymond Ban says...

superdad1 wrote:
Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car,
My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon
Terrible to read about a child being injured and I hope they make a full & speedy recovery.

I assume all Subarus Impreza are all 2.0 litre turbo charged rally bred monsters tweaked to 300bhp and driven by lunatics based on your generalisation?

Had the driver not been distracted listening to Mozart's Symphony No 38 in D Major, maybe it would never have happened?
[quote][p][bold]superdad1[/bold] wrote: Subaru Impreza no doubt speed was involved with this high powered car, My symphony goes out to those injured and hope they recover soon[/p][/quote]Terrible to read about a child being injured and I hope they make a full & speedy recovery. I assume all Subarus Impreza are all 2.0 litre turbo charged rally bred monsters tweaked to 300bhp and driven by lunatics based on your generalisation? Had the driver not been distracted listening to Mozart's Symphony No 38 in D Major, maybe it would never have happened? Raymond Ban
  • Score: 14

11:47pm Fri 22 Aug 14

lailahlulu12 says...

Praying for you all xxx
Praying for you all xxx lailahlulu12
  • Score: 5

9:28am Sat 23 Aug 14

jenkinsroy says...

CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO
ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET
SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE
AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED
NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ?
NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME
PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .
CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ? NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO . jenkinsroy
  • Score: -11

10:32am Sat 23 Aug 14

darwenTower says...

Roy, if you look to the left of your keyboard, three keys from the bottom is where 'caps lock' is.
Roy, if you look to the left of your keyboard, three keys from the bottom is where 'caps lock' is. darwenTower
  • Score: 7

2:22pm Sat 23 Aug 14

petestan says...

jenkinsroy wrote:
CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO
ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET
SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE
AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED
NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ?
NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME
PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .
jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.
[quote][p][bold]jenkinsroy[/bold] wrote: CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ? NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .[/p][/quote]jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police. petestan
  • Score: 4

3:56am Sun 24 Aug 14

dap123 says...

petestan wrote:
jenkinsroy wrote:
CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO
ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET
SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE
AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED
NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ?
NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME
PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .
jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.
'Coming off the motorway'.....how do you know that. it doesnt say that...it says they were on a slip road. they could of been going up the slip road to the motorway......
[quote][p][bold]petestan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jenkinsroy[/bold] wrote: CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ? NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .[/p][/quote]jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.[/p][/quote]'Coming off the motorway'.....how do you know that. it doesnt say that...it says they were on a slip road. they could of been going up the slip road to the motorway...... dap123
  • Score: 0

8:32pm Sun 24 Aug 14

petestan says...

dap123 wrote:
petestan wrote:
jenkinsroy wrote:
CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO
ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET
SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE
AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED
NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ?
NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME
PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .
jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.
'Coming off the motorway'.....how do you know that. it doesnt say that...it says they were on a slip road. they could of been going up the slip road to the motorway......
Fair enough but that still doesn't mean everyone has to drive at 40mph, what is your point, if they were going onto the motorway they may or may not have reached 70mph?
[quote][p][bold]dap123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]petestan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jenkinsroy[/bold] wrote: CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ? NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .[/p][/quote]jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.[/p][/quote]'Coming off the motorway'.....how do you know that. it doesnt say that...it says they were on a slip road. they could of been going up the slip road to the motorway......[/p][/quote]Fair enough but that still doesn't mean everyone has to drive at 40mph, what is your point, if they were going onto the motorway they may or may not have reached 70mph? petestan
  • Score: 0

9:24pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Lsafdx says...

Poor little boy! Xx Everyone should be praying for this little boy and keep negative comments to themselves!!
Poor little boy! Xx Everyone should be praying for this little boy and keep negative comments to themselves!! Lsafdx
  • Score: 3

10:57pm Sun 24 Aug 14

dap123 says...

petestan wrote:
dap123 wrote:
petestan wrote:
jenkinsroy wrote:
CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO
ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET
SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE
AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED
NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ?
NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME
PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .
jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.
'Coming off the motorway'.....how do you know that. it doesnt say that...it says they were on a slip road. they could of been going up the slip road to the motorway......
Fair enough but that still doesn't mean everyone has to drive at 40mph, what is your point, if they were going onto the motorway they may or may not have reached 70mph?
I was just pointing out it doesn't say they were coming off as you assumed they were and therefore slowing down. The car was actually going on to the motorway.
And as for praying for him.....I think and pray for him every day..believe me
[quote][p][bold]petestan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dap123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]petestan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]jenkinsroy[/bold] wrote: CAR NOW SHOULD BE MADE TO CUT OUT IF THEY GO ABOVE 40 miles an hour AFTER ALL NOW OUR STREET SPEEDS ARE COMING DOWN TO MAKE IT SAFER FOR PEOPLE AND THEY SHOULD SCRAP ALL THE CAR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED NOW SORT IT OUT PARLIAMENT NOW ? NEVER MIND THE E.U. CRAP THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME PEOPLE NOT LIKING ONE AN-OVER AND WHICH PART ON THE SKY YOU PRAY TO .[/p][/quote]jenkinsroy apart from the fact that to use capitals is considered SHOUTING they were coming off the motorway so therefore the speed limit is 70mph, no doubt they were going slower than that anyway as they would be slowing down for the junction. You are welcome to drive everywhere at 40mph if you wish just don't do it on the motorway otherwise you will be getting pulled over by the police.[/p][/quote]'Coming off the motorway'.....how do you know that. it doesnt say that...it says they were on a slip road. they could of been going up the slip road to the motorway......[/p][/quote]Fair enough but that still doesn't mean everyone has to drive at 40mph, what is your point, if they were going onto the motorway they may or may not have reached 70mph?[/p][/quote]I was just pointing out it doesn't say they were coming off as you assumed they were and therefore slowing down. The car was actually going on to the motorway. And as for praying for him.....I think and pray for him every day..believe me dap123
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Wed 27 Aug 14

lailahlulu12 says...

Look none of u lot no whats been goin on, last few days have been hard and it was my little brother and dad in that car, all because it was a subaru does'nt mean that he was driving like a idiot. They was on their way home from a family meal to celebrate my 16yr old sisters exam results. She was'nt even mentioned, She pulled my 5 year old brother out of the car and gave him cpr. He has been in a coma and my family are taking judgemental comments based on a high performance vehichle. I hope and pray to god that the person driving the other car has the decency to come forward, and take responsibilty for their actions. Thankyou for the few who have shown support.
Look none of u lot no whats been goin on, last few days have been hard and it was my little brother and dad in that car, all because it was a subaru does'nt mean that he was driving like a idiot. They was on their way home from a family meal to celebrate my 16yr old sisters exam results. She was'nt even mentioned, She pulled my 5 year old brother out of the car and gave him cpr. He has been in a coma and my family are taking judgemental comments based on a high performance vehichle. I hope and pray to god that the person driving the other car has the decency to come forward, and take responsibilty for their actions. Thankyou for the few who have shown support. lailahlulu12
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree