Palestinian-born East Lancs councillor critical of response to Gaza conflict

Palestinian-born East Lancs councillor critical of response to Gaza conflict

Palestinian-born East Lancs councillor critical of response to Gaza conflict

Karimeh Foster

First published in News Blackburn Citizen: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

AS the ceasefire between Gaza and Israel was set to enter its fourth day, Palestine-born Karimeh Foster said she hopes a peaceful resolution can be reached.

If not, the Darwen councillor has fears for the future of not just the region, but the whole world.

The Whitehall councillor, who moved to England in 1978 to marry her university sweetheart David, has been unable to return to her birthplace, Bethlehem, since just before the Six-Day War in 1967.

Then, Israel occupied the West Bank and a young Coun Foster and her family relocated to Jordan.

Speaking from her home in Derby Close, she said she longed for peace in Gaza, where more than 1,000 people have been killed in the latest conflict.

She said: “I want peace in Gaza. Everybody does. But it has to be on both sides, not just on Israel’s terms.

“I want the bombings to stop and for the siege to be removed and for the people of Gaza to be allowed to go about with dignity like any other human being.”

Coun Foster, a Lib Dem, said she was disappointed by the response to the troubles, not just at home, but worldwide.

She said: “I am really disappointed by the Government. Politicians are very cagey about what they say.

“Until the Israelis feel like they have something to lose they will not stop. It is a huge problem for the whole world, not just the Middle East.

“I feel people who have real power could stop this but they are just blind to it and they do not want to know.”

The recent military bombardment of Gaza has seen a network of tunnels, which Israel said had been constructed by Hamas militants to infiltrate Israeli territory, destroyed. The action has also seen some 425,000 people displaced.

Coun Foster said: “Hamas are seen as terrorists but they have been under blockade for eight years.

“They are vilified for digging tunnels but it is okay for the Israelis to have tanks and guns to kill people.

“To stop this you need to have all the Palestinians and Israelis together to talk and find a solution to the problem.”

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:38pm Fri 8 Aug 14

The Seagull has landed says...

Please feel free to go back there to protest.
Please feel free to go back there to protest. The Seagull has landed
  • Score: -8

4:03pm Fri 8 Aug 14

the beaver says...

You protested when we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan which I agree was wrong but yet you protest now for us to get involved. It is non of our business until it comes to these shores anywhere else we must leave them to it. I hope we have learned from Iraq. If you want to do something go and volunteer or send money but please do not publicly tell people what they can and cannot do.
You protested when we went to war with Iraq and Afghanistan which I agree was wrong but yet you protest now for us to get involved. It is non of our business until it comes to these shores anywhere else we must leave them to it. I hope we have learned from Iraq. If you want to do something go and volunteer or send money but please do not publicly tell people what they can and cannot do. the beaver
  • Score: -8

4:21pm Fri 8 Aug 14

TONY WALES says...

I think this woman is genuine and can see both sides of this tragic state of affairs.
Common sense tells you it cannot just go on, it must end soon.
As long as Hamas keeps firing rockets into Israel it will continue.
It needs world leaders to sit down with both sides and try to obtain peace.

What I want to know is where is Tony Blair ( remember Teflon Tony) he told us lies and conned us into going to war in Iraq. We never did find those WMD did we?

Well he got himself a cushy number, gets paid megabucks as a Middle East Peace Envoy.

When the bricks start flying around he acts like the 3 brass monkeys....

See NOW'T

Hear NOW'T

DO NOW'T

Expect look around for more property to buy.
I think this woman is genuine and can see both sides of this tragic state of affairs. Common sense tells you it cannot just go on, it must end soon. As long as Hamas keeps firing rockets into Israel it will continue. It needs world leaders to sit down with both sides and try to obtain peace. What I want to know is where is Tony Blair ( remember Teflon Tony) he told us lies and conned us into going to war in Iraq. We never did find those WMD did we? Well he got himself a cushy number, gets paid megabucks as a Middle East Peace Envoy. When the bricks start flying around he acts like the 3 brass monkeys.... See NOW'T Hear NOW'T DO NOW'T Expect look around for more property to buy. TONY WALES
  • Score: 28

4:33pm Fri 8 Aug 14

glossopkid says...

TONY WALES wrote:
I think this woman is genuine and can see both sides of this tragic state of affairs.
Common sense tells you it cannot just go on, it must end soon.
As long as Hamas keeps firing rockets into Israel it will continue.
It needs world leaders to sit down with both sides and try to obtain peace.

What I want to know is where is Tony Blair ( remember Teflon Tony) he told us lies and conned us into going to war in Iraq. We never did find those WMD did we?

Well he got himself a cushy number, gets paid megabucks as a Middle East Peace Envoy.

When the bricks start flying around he acts like the 3 brass monkeys....

See NOW'T

Hear NOW'T

DO NOW'T

Expect look around for more property to buy.
Usually our opinion differs however I agree with your comments to some extent .
What I don't agree with now is that Hamas firing rockets and using human shields . There is no justification for killing children and bombing schools.
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: I think this woman is genuine and can see both sides of this tragic state of affairs. Common sense tells you it cannot just go on, it must end soon. As long as Hamas keeps firing rockets into Israel it will continue. It needs world leaders to sit down with both sides and try to obtain peace. What I want to know is where is Tony Blair ( remember Teflon Tony) he told us lies and conned us into going to war in Iraq. We never did find those WMD did we? Well he got himself a cushy number, gets paid megabucks as a Middle East Peace Envoy. When the bricks start flying around he acts like the 3 brass monkeys.... See NOW'T Hear NOW'T DO NOW'T Expect look around for more property to buy.[/p][/quote]Usually our opinion differs however I agree with your comments to some extent . What I don't agree with now is that Hamas firing rockets and using human shields . There is no justification for killing children and bombing schools. glossopkid
  • Score: 22

4:35pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Pounce says...

The Whitehall councillor, who moved to England in 1978 to marry her university sweetheart David, has been unable to return to her birthplace, Bethlehem, since just before the Six-Day War in 1967
Really?, I had no problem visiting Israel and I have an Islamic name.

She said: “I want peace in Gaza. Everybody does. But it has to be on both sides, not just on Israel’s terms.
Israel wants peace, Hamas wants war (Its charters states it won't rest until Israel is destroyed)

Coun Foster said: “Hamas are seen as terrorists but they have been under blockade for eight years.
Some blockade if they smuggle in tens of thousands of military grade missiles and enough concrete to build 32 tunnels (those are only the ones Israel found) which can be over 2 miles long.

“They are vilified for digging tunnels but it is okay for the Israelis to have tanks and guns to kill people.


Ok lets look at that shall we, those tunnels are used to sneak into Israel and attack them, let me put this another way, Hamas invades Israel and kills people

“To stop this you need to have all the Palestinians and Israelis together to talk and find a solution to the problem.”
And while Israel wanted to extend thee ceasefire, Hamas kicked off again.

The problem we have with allowing people whose allegiance isn't to the UK, but rather to a fairy tale, is that they will always lie in which to defend the actions of the more (Lets say) intolerant parts of their faith. Which is why nobody is bothering from the Islamic world to protest about how ISIS murdered 2000 non-muslims in Iraq and that over 50,000 people are at threat of being murdered and this woman wants to opine about a war in Gaza, which Hamas started and continues to keep going.
Please.
The Whitehall councillor, who moved to England in 1978 to marry her university sweetheart David, has been unable to return to her birthplace, Bethlehem, since just before the Six-Day War in 1967 Really?, I had no problem visiting Israel and I have an Islamic name. She said: “I want peace in Gaza. Everybody does. But it has to be on both sides, not just on Israel’s terms. Israel wants peace, Hamas wants war (Its charters states it won't rest until Israel is destroyed) Coun Foster said: “Hamas are seen as terrorists but they have been under blockade for eight years. Some blockade if they smuggle in tens of thousands of military grade missiles and enough concrete to build 32 tunnels (those are only the ones Israel found) which can be over 2 miles long. “They are vilified for digging tunnels but it is okay for the Israelis to have tanks and guns to kill people. Ok lets look at that shall we, those tunnels are used to sneak into Israel and attack them, let me put this another way, Hamas invades Israel and kills people “To stop this you need to have all the Palestinians and Israelis together to talk and find a solution to the problem.” And while Israel wanted to extend thee ceasefire, Hamas kicked off again. The problem we have with allowing people whose allegiance isn't to the UK, but rather to a fairy tale, is that they will always lie in which to defend the actions of the more (Lets say) intolerant parts of their faith. Which is why nobody is bothering from the Islamic world to protest about how ISIS murdered 2000 non-muslims in Iraq and that over 50,000 people are at threat of being murdered and this woman wants to opine about a war in Gaza, which Hamas started and continues to keep going. Please. Pounce
  • Score: 7

5:12pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Excluded again says...

Pounce wrote:
The Whitehall councillor, who moved to England in 1978 to marry her university sweetheart David, has been unable to return to her birthplace, Bethlehem, since just before the Six-Day War in 1967
Really?, I had no problem visiting Israel and I have an Islamic name.

She said: “I want peace in Gaza. Everybody does. But it has to be on both sides, not just on Israel’s terms.
Israel wants peace, Hamas wants war (Its charters states it won't rest until Israel is destroyed)

Coun Foster said: “Hamas are seen as terrorists but they have been under blockade for eight years.
Some blockade if they smuggle in tens of thousands of military grade missiles and enough concrete to build 32 tunnels (those are only the ones Israel found) which can be over 2 miles long.

“They are vilified for digging tunnels but it is okay for the Israelis to have tanks and guns to kill people.


Ok lets look at that shall we, those tunnels are used to sneak into Israel and attack them, let me put this another way, Hamas invades Israel and kills people

“To stop this you need to have all the Palestinians and Israelis together to talk and find a solution to the problem.”
And while Israel wanted to extend thee ceasefire, Hamas kicked off again.

The problem we have with allowing people whose allegiance isn't to the UK, but rather to a fairy tale, is that they will always lie in which to defend the actions of the more (Lets say) intolerant parts of their faith. Which is why nobody is bothering from the Islamic world to protest about how ISIS murdered 2000 non-muslims in Iraq and that over 50,000 people are at threat of being murdered and this woman wants to opine about a war in Gaza, which Hamas started and continues to keep going.
Please.
I guess you missed the fact that Karimeh Foster is a christian married to a Methodist minister. I might have my disagreements with Councillor Foster but she is no more an Islamic extremist than the Pope is.
[quote][p][bold]Pounce[/bold] wrote: The Whitehall councillor, who moved to England in 1978 to marry her university sweetheart David, has been unable to return to her birthplace, Bethlehem, since just before the Six-Day War in 1967 Really?, I had no problem visiting Israel and I have an Islamic name. She said: “I want peace in Gaza. Everybody does. But it has to be on both sides, not just on Israel’s terms. Israel wants peace, Hamas wants war (Its charters states it won't rest until Israel is destroyed) Coun Foster said: “Hamas are seen as terrorists but they have been under blockade for eight years. Some blockade if they smuggle in tens of thousands of military grade missiles and enough concrete to build 32 tunnels (those are only the ones Israel found) which can be over 2 miles long. “They are vilified for digging tunnels but it is okay for the Israelis to have tanks and guns to kill people. Ok lets look at that shall we, those tunnels are used to sneak into Israel and attack them, let me put this another way, Hamas invades Israel and kills people “To stop this you need to have all the Palestinians and Israelis together to talk and find a solution to the problem.” And while Israel wanted to extend thee ceasefire, Hamas kicked off again. The problem we have with allowing people whose allegiance isn't to the UK, but rather to a fairy tale, is that they will always lie in which to defend the actions of the more (Lets say) intolerant parts of their faith. Which is why nobody is bothering from the Islamic world to protest about how ISIS murdered 2000 non-muslims in Iraq and that over 50,000 people are at threat of being murdered and this woman wants to opine about a war in Gaza, which Hamas started and continues to keep going. Please.[/p][/quote]I guess you missed the fact that Karimeh Foster is a christian married to a Methodist minister. I might have my disagreements with Councillor Foster but she is no more an Islamic extremist than the Pope is. Excluded again
  • Score: 18

5:46pm Fri 8 Aug 14

garnersfreshpint says...

Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws. garnersfreshpint
  • Score: -7

6:15pm Fri 8 Aug 14

andy1 says...

garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
[quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly. andy1
  • Score: 15

6:24pm Fri 8 Aug 14

sen c b l says...

garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
They ain't got no claws. America are their claws!
[quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]They ain't got no claws. America are their claws! sen c b l
  • Score: 10

6:39pm Fri 8 Aug 14

ikap22 says...

andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Wow some one with common sense, totally agree with you.
[quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Wow some one with common sense, totally agree with you. ikap22
  • Score: 22

7:04pm Fri 8 Aug 14

sen c b l says...

The Seagull has landed wrote:
Please feel free to go back there to protest.
Like always you've got absolutely bugger ole to post as in an opinion but criticising other commentators with short sentences and verbal abuse, in some posts, making you a pest and a troll. You may have no one to love and share your warm feelings but others DO feel for the goodwill of humanity.

Is it any wonder why your female partner resorted to clouting you one after you thought you could get away with it! Eh ladyboy.
[quote][p][bold]The Seagull has landed[/bold] wrote: Please feel free to go back there to protest.[/p][/quote]Like always you've got absolutely bugger ole to post as in an opinion but criticising other commentators with short sentences and verbal abuse, in some posts, making you a pest and a troll. You may have no one to love and share your warm feelings but others DO feel for the goodwill of humanity. Is it any wonder why your female partner resorted to clouting you one after you thought you could get away with it! Eh ladyboy. sen c b l
  • Score: -25

8:14pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Copperhead says...

I wonder if Palestine has any councillors born in Darwen ?
That's the problem with the UK - we let all kinds of undesirables into our country and when they get here they insist on bringing their troubles with them and expect us to stand up and salute their flags. They demand and demand our respect, support and submission to their causes without them making any kind of changes to their way of life - in fact they criticise the western way of life, our morals, our standards, our loyalties as if we were some kind of lower form of life.
I suggest we give everyone in the Middle East an AK-47 and 1000 rounds of ammunition so they can sort out their religious, tribal and territorial differences and when the bullets run out, we in the West will buy the oil from whoever is left standing.
I wonder if Palestine has any councillors born in Darwen ? That's the problem with the UK - we let all kinds of undesirables into our country and when they get here they insist on bringing their troubles with them and expect us to stand up and salute their flags. They demand and demand our respect, support and submission to their causes without them making any kind of changes to their way of life - in fact they criticise the western way of life, our morals, our standards, our loyalties as if we were some kind of lower form of life. I suggest we give everyone in the Middle East an AK-47 and 1000 rounds of ammunition so they can sort out their religious, tribal and territorial differences and when the bullets run out, we in the West will buy the oil from whoever is left standing. Copperhead
  • Score: 6

8:43pm Fri 8 Aug 14

sen c b l says...

Copperhead wrote:
I wonder if Palestine has any councillors born in Darwen ?
That's the problem with the UK - we let all kinds of undesirables into our country and when they get here they insist on bringing their troubles with them and expect us to stand up and salute their flags. They demand and demand our respect, support and submission to their causes without them making any kind of changes to their way of life - in fact they criticise the western way of life, our morals, our standards, our loyalties as if we were some kind of lower form of life.
I suggest we give everyone in the Middle East an AK-47 and 1000 rounds of ammunition so they can sort out their religious, tribal and territorial differences and when the bullets run out, we in the West will buy the oil from whoever is left standing.
Precisely just as your comment suggests, it's all about oil.

Must of the problems wouldn't exist if the west would learn to keep their extended over sized peckers out of the Midfle East. But they won't and can't and that is why the problems and disputes exists not only in the Arab world but anywhere you could choose and place your finger tab on an atlas.
Mentioning arming the Middle East with AK-47's, muppet that is exactly what this government did in Syria!
[quote][p][bold]Copperhead[/bold] wrote: I wonder if Palestine has any councillors born in Darwen ? That's the problem with the UK - we let all kinds of undesirables into our country and when they get here they insist on bringing their troubles with them and expect us to stand up and salute their flags. They demand and demand our respect, support and submission to their causes without them making any kind of changes to their way of life - in fact they criticise the western way of life, our morals, our standards, our loyalties as if we were some kind of lower form of life. I suggest we give everyone in the Middle East an AK-47 and 1000 rounds of ammunition so they can sort out their religious, tribal and territorial differences and when the bullets run out, we in the West will buy the oil from whoever is left standing.[/p][/quote]Precisely just as your comment suggests, it's all about oil. Must of the problems wouldn't exist if the west would learn to keep their extended over sized peckers out of the Midfle East. But they won't and can't and that is why the problems and disputes exists not only in the Arab world but anywhere you could choose and place your finger tab on an atlas. Mentioning arming the Middle East with AK-47's, muppet that is exactly what this government did in Syria! sen c b l
  • Score: -8

11:22pm Fri 8 Aug 14

Manuel Hung says...

Seriously if the conflict between these two came to an end they would have nothing else to do. It's been going on for decades with various levels of political intervention with little or no result.

The whole middle eastern region is a backwards population and are unable to sit around a table to discuss a compromise. With these people there is no compromise. It's there way 100% or nothing and for that reason conflicts will still continue.
Seriously if the conflict between these two came to an end they would have nothing else to do. It's been going on for decades with various levels of political intervention with little or no result. The whole middle eastern region is a backwards population and are unable to sit around a table to discuss a compromise. With these people there is no compromise. It's there way 100% or nothing and for that reason conflicts will still continue. Manuel Hung
  • Score: 12

3:09am Sat 9 Aug 14

The Seagull has landed says...

doomchanter wrote:
The Seagull has landed wrote:
Please feel free to go back there to protest.
Why dont you fu*k off back under your rock arseh*le
I remember getting slightly aggressive too after my first shandy.
[quote][p][bold]doomchanter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Seagull has landed[/bold] wrote: Please feel free to go back there to protest.[/p][/quote]Why dont you fu*k off back under your rock arseh*le[/p][/quote]I remember getting slightly aggressive too after my first shandy. The Seagull has landed
  • Score: 6

9:27am Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Never a place called Israel until 1947??
How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?
[quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Never a place called Israel until 1947?? How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses? madmurphy
  • Score: 2

9:36am Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

sen c b l wrote:
Copperhead wrote:
I wonder if Palestine has any councillors born in Darwen ?
That's the problem with the UK - we let all kinds of undesirables into our country and when they get here they insist on bringing their troubles with them and expect us to stand up and salute their flags. They demand and demand our respect, support and submission to their causes without them making any kind of changes to their way of life - in fact they criticise the western way of life, our morals, our standards, our loyalties as if we were some kind of lower form of life.
I suggest we give everyone in the Middle East an AK-47 and 1000 rounds of ammunition so they can sort out their religious, tribal and territorial differences and when the bullets run out, we in the West will buy the oil from whoever is left standing.
Precisely just as your comment suggests, it's all about oil.

Must of the problems wouldn't exist if the west would learn to keep their extended over sized peckers out of the Midfle East. But they won't and can't and that is why the problems and disputes exists not only in the Arab world but anywhere you could choose and place your finger tab on an atlas.
Mentioning arming the Middle East with AK-47's, muppet that is exactly what this government did in Syria!
Yet you still want petrol for your car.
[quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Copperhead[/bold] wrote: I wonder if Palestine has any councillors born in Darwen ? That's the problem with the UK - we let all kinds of undesirables into our country and when they get here they insist on bringing their troubles with them and expect us to stand up and salute their flags. They demand and demand our respect, support and submission to their causes without them making any kind of changes to their way of life - in fact they criticise the western way of life, our morals, our standards, our loyalties as if we were some kind of lower form of life. I suggest we give everyone in the Middle East an AK-47 and 1000 rounds of ammunition so they can sort out their religious, tribal and territorial differences and when the bullets run out, we in the West will buy the oil from whoever is left standing.[/p][/quote]Precisely just as your comment suggests, it's all about oil. Must of the problems wouldn't exist if the west would learn to keep their extended over sized peckers out of the Midfle East. But they won't and can't and that is why the problems and disputes exists not only in the Arab world but anywhere you could choose and place your finger tab on an atlas. Mentioning arming the Middle East with AK-47's, muppet that is exactly what this government did in Syria![/p][/quote]Yet you still want petrol for your car. madmurphy
  • Score: -2

9:43am Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT. madmurphy
  • Score: 1

11:35am Sat 9 Aug 14

andy1 says...

madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Never a place called Israel until 1947??
How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?
Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Never a place called Israel until 1947?? How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?[/p][/quote]Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself. andy1
  • Score: -1

11:42am Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

andy1 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Never a place called Israel until 1947??
How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?
Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.
Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that.
Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.
[quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Never a place called Israel until 1947?? How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?[/p][/quote]Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.[/p][/quote]Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that. Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page. madmurphy
  • Score: 4

12:33pm Sat 9 Aug 14

andy1 says...

madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Never a place called Israel until 1947??
How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?
Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.
Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that.
Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.
Of course its a known fact the battle of Hastings was in 1066. If however some one I know started telling myself and no doubt I speak for others that he/she was visited by some thing in the Middle of the Night and heard voices telling them to write it down I would be a bit concerned for the Mental Health of that Person. Only today read over a Right Wing Bible Basher in the you've guessed it the USA welcoming the gift of Ebola from God for the following reasons, It will cleanse the world of the following categories of people Gays, Atheists, and others he in his bigoted world he doesn't see fit. It goes to show the mentality of all organised religions wouldn't you agree? They all tend to encourage fear and hate along the way.
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Never a place called Israel until 1947?? How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?[/p][/quote]Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.[/p][/quote]Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that. Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.[/p][/quote]Of course its a known fact the battle of Hastings was in 1066. If however some one I know started telling myself and no doubt I speak for others that he/she was visited by some thing in the Middle of the Night and heard voices telling them to write it down I would be a bit concerned for the Mental Health of that Person. Only today read over a Right Wing Bible Basher in the you've guessed it the USA welcoming the gift of Ebola from God for the following reasons, It will cleanse the world of the following categories of people Gays, Atheists, and others he in his bigoted world he doesn't see fit. It goes to show the mentality of all organised religions wouldn't you agree? They all tend to encourage fear and hate along the way. andy1
  • Score: -1

12:43pm Sat 9 Aug 14

ikap22 says...

madmurphy wrote:
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.[/p][/quote]The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved. ikap22
  • Score: 1

12:49pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Dr John says...

To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck.
There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.
To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck. There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony. Dr John
  • Score: 5

1:00pm Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.
Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?
[quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.[/p][/quote]The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.[/p][/quote]Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think? madmurphy
  • Score: 0

1:04pm Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

madmurphy wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.
Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?
Also I may point out. If the west didn't get involved, all the oil would probably be still hundreds of feet underground.
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.[/p][/quote]The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.[/p][/quote]Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?[/p][/quote]Also I may point out. If the west didn't get involved, all the oil would probably be still hundreds of feet underground. madmurphy
  • Score: 0

1:14pm Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

andy1 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Never a place called Israel until 1947??
How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?
Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.
Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that.
Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.
Of course its a known fact the battle of Hastings was in 1066. If however some one I know started telling myself and no doubt I speak for others that he/she was visited by some thing in the Middle of the Night and heard voices telling them to write it down I would be a bit concerned for the Mental Health of that Person. Only today read over a Right Wing Bible Basher in the you've guessed it the USA welcoming the gift of Ebola from God for the following reasons, It will cleanse the world of the following categories of people Gays, Atheists, and others he in his bigoted world he doesn't see fit. It goes to show the mentality of all organised religions wouldn't you agree? They all tend to encourage fear and hate along the way.
This has nothing to do with being told anything. It's about finding out for oneself. You deny the existance of Israel until 1947 yet it's historical fact that Israel was there thousands of years beforehand. I am not bible bashing anyone. I am simply stating historical fact.
Better to live and believe in God, then find out there isn't one, than to live and not believe in God, then find out there is.
Said of course without intention to offend.
[quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Never a place called Israel until 1947?? How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?[/p][/quote]Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.[/p][/quote]Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that. Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.[/p][/quote]Of course its a known fact the battle of Hastings was in 1066. If however some one I know started telling myself and no doubt I speak for others that he/she was visited by some thing in the Middle of the Night and heard voices telling them to write it down I would be a bit concerned for the Mental Health of that Person. Only today read over a Right Wing Bible Basher in the you've guessed it the USA welcoming the gift of Ebola from God for the following reasons, It will cleanse the world of the following categories of people Gays, Atheists, and others he in his bigoted world he doesn't see fit. It goes to show the mentality of all organised religions wouldn't you agree? They all tend to encourage fear and hate along the way.[/p][/quote]This has nothing to do with being told anything. It's about finding out for oneself. You deny the existance of Israel until 1947 yet it's historical fact that Israel was there thousands of years beforehand. I am not bible bashing anyone. I am simply stating historical fact. Better to live and believe in God, then find out there isn't one, than to live and not believe in God, then find out there is. Said of course without intention to offend. madmurphy
  • Score: 0

1:30pm Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

Dr John wrote:
To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck.
There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.
Your quite right sir, I stand corrected. I was getting a bit confuggled.
[quote][p][bold]Dr John[/bold] wrote: To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck. There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.[/p][/quote]Your quite right sir, I stand corrected. I was getting a bit confuggled. madmurphy
  • Score: 0

2:47pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Jack Herer says...

madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
andy1 wrote:
garnersfreshpint wrote:
Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise.
We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields.
However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.
Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.
Never a place called Israel until 1947??
How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?
Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.
Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that.
Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.
Of course its a known fact the battle of Hastings was in 1066. If however some one I know started telling myself and no doubt I speak for others that he/she was visited by some thing in the Middle of the Night and heard voices telling them to write it down I would be a bit concerned for the Mental Health of that Person. Only today read over a Right Wing Bible Basher in the you've guessed it the USA welcoming the gift of Ebola from God for the following reasons, It will cleanse the world of the following categories of people Gays, Atheists, and others he in his bigoted world he doesn't see fit. It goes to show the mentality of all organised religions wouldn't you agree? They all tend to encourage fear and hate along the way.
This has nothing to do with being told anything. It's about finding out for oneself. You deny the existance of Israel until 1947 yet it's historical fact that Israel was there thousands of years beforehand. I am not bible bashing anyone. I am simply stating historical fact.
Better to live and believe in God, then find out there isn't one, than to live and not believe in God, then find out there is.
Said of course without intention to offend.
Israel as a place of antiquity existed thousands of years ago.

Along with Ur and Babylon and other such places which subsequently disappeared.

Israel as a modern state definitely did not exist until 1947.

Israel didn't exist until then therefore.

There are two Israel; ancient and modern. They are completely separate.

Claiming modern Israel should exist on the basis of biblical times is clearly wrong if it does that take into account what that place has become in the huge interim time.

Or do you think that the same should apply with Lancashire; should that now cease to exist and should instead be split into Mercia and Northumbria?
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]garnersfreshpint[/bold] wrote: Israel had to build it's defences as it's always been surrounded with enemies who wants it's demise. We cannot change history and the fact of it's creation or even the imbalance of the power that it wields. However, if you keep poking a tiger with a stick because you want it to leave your garden....beware it's claws.[/p][/quote]Was never a place called Israel until 1947. A number of Israeli leaders where terrorists like they refer to others (They have short memories) who want a Palestinian State. Israel refuses to abide one U.N. resolution against her not only by Arab and Muslim Countries. Keep a people imprisoned with no future and absolute poverty the tiger you are referring to will also bite back. Israel is a law unto itself you say any thing your anti-Semitic. I don't support Hamas nor do I support the killings and destruction on both sides. We and others have a lot to answer for. Its just like myself walking into some ones house and saying get out this place is no longer years I dont care how long your family have resided here such and such a body has given it me. I cant imagine you walk take it lightly.[/p][/quote]Never a place called Israel until 1947?? How about almost 7000 years BC. Or did you never hear of Moses?[/p][/quote]Wrote in a book called the Torah,Bible,Koran by some Imaginary people who are probably related to the tooth fairy and Goldi Locks and the three Bears. Can see why you call yourself madmurphy obviously a bible basher unable to think or question himself.[/p][/quote]Battle of Hastings 1066. Historical fact or made up in a book by the tooth fairy? Show me evidence that the bible is a myth and I will show you evidence that it isn't. Even most Muslims would agree with that. Oh and this is a comments page. Not a personal insult page.[/p][/quote]Of course its a known fact the battle of Hastings was in 1066. If however some one I know started telling myself and no doubt I speak for others that he/she was visited by some thing in the Middle of the Night and heard voices telling them to write it down I would be a bit concerned for the Mental Health of that Person. Only today read over a Right Wing Bible Basher in the you've guessed it the USA welcoming the gift of Ebola from God for the following reasons, It will cleanse the world of the following categories of people Gays, Atheists, and others he in his bigoted world he doesn't see fit. It goes to show the mentality of all organised religions wouldn't you agree? They all tend to encourage fear and hate along the way.[/p][/quote]This has nothing to do with being told anything. It's about finding out for oneself. You deny the existance of Israel until 1947 yet it's historical fact that Israel was there thousands of years beforehand. I am not bible bashing anyone. I am simply stating historical fact. Better to live and believe in God, then find out there isn't one, than to live and not believe in God, then find out there is. Said of course without intention to offend.[/p][/quote]Israel as a place of antiquity existed thousands of years ago. Along with Ur and Babylon and other such places which subsequently disappeared. Israel as a modern state definitely did not exist until 1947. Israel didn't exist until then therefore. There are two Israel; ancient and modern. They are completely separate. Claiming modern Israel should exist on the basis of biblical times is clearly wrong if it does that take into account what that place has become in the huge interim time. Or do you think that the same should apply with Lancashire; should that now cease to exist and should instead be split into Mercia and Northumbria? Jack Herer
  • Score: 3

3:04pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Jack Herer says...

Dr John wrote:
To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck.
There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.
To correct your disingenuous post:

Israel did exist for thousands of years, but just like many other areas of antiquity it completely disappeared.

We don't live the ancient world, we live in the modern one. Stop quoting Roman rules as a right for a state to exist therefore, and more importantly, for one not to. Most modern countries did not exist at the time of the Romans.

If Israel exists in any modern sense, then Palestine does as least as much so.

The first step to peace is for Israel to act like the civilised country it claims to be. It needs to abide by the decisions of the UN; not ignore them as it sees fit. It needs to stop making excuses, blaming everyone but themselves. It needs to remove settlements on land which the whole world sees as contested. It needs to stop imprisoning and oppressing an entire people with sick and cruel actions.

If Israel has a right to defend itself, then why don't the Palestinians have that same right themselves as Israel is butchering its children, among other atrocities?

Why is Israel allowed such hyper-hypocrisy?

We will never have peace in the Middle East when Israel acts like a constant selfish, spoilt child. With the US showing the same level of hypocrisy for Israel too (and Britain not far behind), the West is rightly despised into the bargain.

Precisely because of Israel, we have division and hatred the world over.

We all have to dance to Israel's sick tune it seems. Why, I don't know.
[quote][p][bold]Dr John[/bold] wrote: To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck. There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.[/p][/quote]To correct your disingenuous post: Israel did exist for thousands of years, but just like many other areas of antiquity it completely disappeared. We don't live the ancient world, we live in the modern one. Stop quoting Roman rules as a right for a state to exist therefore, and more importantly, for one not to. Most modern countries did not exist at the time of the Romans. If Israel exists in any modern sense, then Palestine does as least as much so. The first step to peace is for Israel to act like the civilised country it claims to be. It needs to abide by the decisions of the UN; not ignore them as it sees fit. It needs to stop making excuses, blaming everyone but themselves. It needs to remove settlements on land which the whole world sees as contested. It needs to stop imprisoning and oppressing an entire people with sick and cruel actions. If Israel has a right to defend itself, then why don't the Palestinians have that same right themselves as Israel is butchering its children, among other atrocities? Why is Israel allowed such hyper-hypocrisy? We will never have peace in the Middle East when Israel acts like a constant selfish, spoilt child. With the US showing the same level of hypocrisy for Israel too (and Britain not far behind), the West is rightly despised into the bargain. Precisely because of Israel, we have division and hatred the world over. We all have to dance to Israel's sick tune it seems. Why, I don't know. Jack Herer
  • Score: 1

3:12pm Sat 9 Aug 14

ikap22 says...

madmurphy wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.
Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?
Not really! If thousands of innocent civilians are murdered no matter which plant you come from its human nature to be concerned. Especially when a powerful army decides to call it a war with a country who has no army no weapons. That's bullying! Whilst we on the topic of bullying! Why attack iraq let them be! Shouldn't they interfere with the mass murders before moving onto iraq. Now that's double standards, don't you agree?
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.[/p][/quote]The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.[/p][/quote]Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?[/p][/quote]Not really! If thousands of innocent civilians are murdered no matter which plant you come from its human nature to be concerned. Especially when a powerful army decides to call it a war with a country who has no army no weapons. That's bullying! Whilst we on the topic of bullying! Why attack iraq let them be! Shouldn't they interfere with the mass murders before moving onto iraq. Now that's double standards, don't you agree? ikap22
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Sat 9 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.
Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?
Not really! If thousands of innocent civilians are murdered no matter which plant you come from its human nature to be concerned. Especially when a powerful army decides to call it a war with a country who has no army no weapons. That's bullying! Whilst we on the topic of bullying! Why attack iraq let them be! Shouldn't they interfere with the mass murders before moving onto iraq. Now that's double standards, don't you agree?
I can absolutely agree with that. I can also add it's not about who is to blame. And it's pointless for people like ourselves to argue this.
Everybody has an opinion and are entitled to. But it means absolutely nothing to people suffering on both sides of any conflict.
The trouble with posting comments, is it rarely achieves agreement.
Personally I think sitting down and having conversation as intelligent human beings achieves much more than points scoring on pages like these.
At the end of the day we all only know what has been taught to us by others. Don't you agree? :-)
[quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.[/p][/quote]The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.[/p][/quote]Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?[/p][/quote]Not really! If thousands of innocent civilians are murdered no matter which plant you come from its human nature to be concerned. Especially when a powerful army decides to call it a war with a country who has no army no weapons. That's bullying! Whilst we on the topic of bullying! Why attack iraq let them be! Shouldn't they interfere with the mass murders before moving onto iraq. Now that's double standards, don't you agree?[/p][/quote]I can absolutely agree with that. I can also add it's not about who is to blame. And it's pointless for people like ourselves to argue this. Everybody has an opinion and are entitled to. But it means absolutely nothing to people suffering on both sides of any conflict. The trouble with posting comments, is it rarely achieves agreement. Personally I think sitting down and having conversation as intelligent human beings achieves much more than points scoring on pages like these. At the end of the day we all only know what has been taught to us by others. Don't you agree? :-) madmurphy
  • Score: 0

4:52pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Dr John says...

In reply to Jack Herer, I agree that country names and borders change with time. My reference to Rome was simply to state the originators of the name "Palestine" as a derogatory name for the land of Israel.

There has been a continuous presence of Jews in Israel for over 3000 years. Various empires have ruled the territory over the years, but it always has been the land of the Jewish people. After World War 2 the league of Nations consolidated Israel as the homeland for the Jews. Annihilation of the Jews was one of Hitler's objectives which of course failed, but as I stated previously is the Hamas objective. Hamas have no intention of peace with Israel and are happy to use their civilians as so called human shields and are fighting a dirty war.
In reply to Jack Herer, I agree that country names and borders change with time. My reference to Rome was simply to state the originators of the name "Palestine" as a derogatory name for the land of Israel. There has been a continuous presence of Jews in Israel for over 3000 years. Various empires have ruled the territory over the years, but it always has been the land of the Jewish people. After World War 2 the league of Nations consolidated Israel as the homeland for the Jews. Annihilation of the Jews was one of Hitler's objectives which of course failed, but as I stated previously is the Hamas objective. Hamas have no intention of peace with Israel and are happy to use their civilians as so called human shields and are fighting a dirty war. Dr John
  • Score: 2

5:19pm Sat 9 Aug 14

ikap22 says...

madmurphy wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
madmurphy wrote:
We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.
The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.
Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?
Not really! If thousands of innocent civilians are murdered no matter which plant you come from its human nature to be concerned. Especially when a powerful army decides to call it a war with a country who has no army no weapons. That's bullying! Whilst we on the topic of bullying! Why attack iraq let them be! Shouldn't they interfere with the mass murders before moving onto iraq. Now that's double standards, don't you agree?
I can absolutely agree with that. I can also add it's not about who is to blame. And it's pointless for people like ourselves to argue this.
Everybody has an opinion and are entitled to. But it means absolutely nothing to people suffering on both sides of any conflict.
The trouble with posting comments, is it rarely achieves agreement.
Personally I think sitting down and having conversation as intelligent human beings achieves much more than points scoring on pages like these.
At the end of the day we all only know what has been taught to us by others. Don't you agree? :-)
I totally agree with you.
[quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]madmurphy[/bold] wrote: We get involved, were in the wrong. We don't get involved, were in the wrong. Seems the Muslim world is happy for us to get involved when it involves Israel. Other than that STAY OUT.[/p][/quote]The root cause is western countries getting involved in the first place, all do to with oil. This all started before you was even conceived, not even at a embryo stage. So don't preach about getting involved.[/p][/quote]Well for someone who lives in the western world. You have a lot to preach yourself about who and who not should be involved. Don't you think?[/p][/quote]Not really! If thousands of innocent civilians are murdered no matter which plant you come from its human nature to be concerned. Especially when a powerful army decides to call it a war with a country who has no army no weapons. That's bullying! Whilst we on the topic of bullying! Why attack iraq let them be! Shouldn't they interfere with the mass murders before moving onto iraq. Now that's double standards, don't you agree?[/p][/quote]I can absolutely agree with that. I can also add it's not about who is to blame. And it's pointless for people like ourselves to argue this. Everybody has an opinion and are entitled to. But it means absolutely nothing to people suffering on both sides of any conflict. The trouble with posting comments, is it rarely achieves agreement. Personally I think sitting down and having conversation as intelligent human beings achieves much more than points scoring on pages like these. At the end of the day we all only know what has been taught to us by others. Don't you agree? :-)[/p][/quote]I totally agree with you. ikap22
  • Score: 0

6:41pm Sat 9 Aug 14

Pegasus216 says...

So how about the great silence regarding ISIS who are Hamas spelt differently, videos showing Moslems shooting hundreds of fellow Moslems in the head! The silence is deafening, ever wondered about the silence in the Arab world? Could it be they want Hamas to be destroyed? They certainly want ISIS bombing back into the Stone Age, you never know they the ISIS
Jihadis may even get 70 virgins each ha! Ha!
G
So how about the great silence regarding ISIS who are Hamas spelt differently, videos showing Moslems shooting hundreds of fellow Moslems in the head! The silence is deafening, ever wondered about the silence in the Arab world? Could it be they want Hamas to be destroyed? They certainly want ISIS bombing back into the Stone Age, you never know they the ISIS Jihadis may even get 70 virgins each ha! Ha! G Pegasus216
  • Score: 0

8:09am Sun 10 Aug 14

Excluded again says...

Dr John wrote:
To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck.
There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.
The Romans didn't hate the Jews and Palestine was a perfectly logical name for the Roman province covering that whole area. The expulsion of the Jewish population followed an armed revolt - and the Romans were intolerant of armed revolts against their rule whoever did it. As anyone with a passing knowledge of Roman history in Britain would know (remember Boudicca and the Iceni).

The Palestinians have been in the are as long as the Jews - in the Bible they are called the Philistines and one of their major cities then as now was Gaza.

There will never be peace in that area of the world so long as extremists like Dr John and Hamas deny the other people even the right to exist or live in their own ancestral lands.
[quote][p][bold]Dr John[/bold] wrote: To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck. There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.[/p][/quote]The Romans didn't hate the Jews and Palestine was a perfectly logical name for the Roman province covering that whole area. The expulsion of the Jewish population followed an armed revolt - and the Romans were intolerant of armed revolts against their rule whoever did it. As anyone with a passing knowledge of Roman history in Britain would know (remember Boudicca and the Iceni). The Palestinians have been in the are as long as the Jews - in the Bible they are called the Philistines and one of their major cities then as now was Gaza. There will never be peace in that area of the world so long as extremists like Dr John and Hamas deny the other people even the right to exist or live in their own ancestral lands. Excluded again
  • Score: 2

12:59pm Sun 10 Aug 14

sen c b l says...

http://en.m.wikipedi
a.org/wiki/Sophroniu
s_of_Jerusalem
http://en.m.wikipedi a.org/wiki/Sophroniu s_of_Jerusalem sen c b l
  • Score: 0

1:18pm Sun 10 Aug 14

madmurphy says...

My final post on this article would be to say. If everyone treated each other in the way we would want to be treated ourselves. The world would be a much better and happier place.
Or is that too simple?
My final post on this article would be to say. If everyone treated each other in the way we would want to be treated ourselves. The world would be a much better and happier place. Or is that too simple? madmurphy
  • Score: 1

1:39pm Sun 10 Aug 14

Dr John says...

Excluded again wrote:
Dr John wrote:
To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck.
There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.
The Romans didn't hate the Jews and Palestine was a perfectly logical name for the Roman province covering that whole area. The expulsion of the Jewish population followed an armed revolt - and the Romans were intolerant of armed revolts against their rule whoever did it. As anyone with a passing knowledge of Roman history in Britain would know (remember Boudicca and the Iceni).

The Palestinians have been in the are as long as the Jews - in the Bible they are called the Philistines and one of their major cities then as now was Gaza.

There will never be peace in that area of the world so long as extremists like Dr John and Hamas deny the other people even the right to exist or live in their own ancestral lands.
Excluded again labels me an extremist. This year my wife and I have given £4000 to a Christian charity in Israel that supports needy Jews and Arabs without distinction. Is that the action of an extremist, or someone who denies the Arabs the right to exist? Hamas are at the opposite extreme of extremist don't you think?
[quote][p][bold]Excluded again[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dr John[/bold] wrote: To correct a misconception, Israel has existed for 3000+ years. When under Roman occupation around the time of Jesus, the country was hated by the Romans and they gave it a derogatory nick name of Palestine which was named after the Philistines, long standing enemies of Israel. The name has stuck. There really is no such a people as the "Palestinians". The people are a mix from Arab nations, a few indigenous Arab-Israelis and indeed some are Egyptians as was Yasah Arafat. That said, they are a group of people who deserve better than Hamas who are hell bent on trying to annihilate Israel. The term annihilate is exactly what their charter states. The first step to peace is to renounce this genocidal ideology, stop teaching their children lies about their history and hating Jews, then there is a chance of peace and harmony.[/p][/quote]The Romans didn't hate the Jews and Palestine was a perfectly logical name for the Roman province covering that whole area. The expulsion of the Jewish population followed an armed revolt - and the Romans were intolerant of armed revolts against their rule whoever did it. As anyone with a passing knowledge of Roman history in Britain would know (remember Boudicca and the Iceni). The Palestinians have been in the are as long as the Jews - in the Bible they are called the Philistines and one of their major cities then as now was Gaza. There will never be peace in that area of the world so long as extremists like Dr John and Hamas deny the other people even the right to exist or live in their own ancestral lands.[/p][/quote]Excluded again labels me an extremist. This year my wife and I have given £4000 to a Christian charity in Israel that supports needy Jews and Arabs without distinction. Is that the action of an extremist, or someone who denies the Arabs the right to exist? Hamas are at the opposite extreme of extremist don't you think? Dr John
  • Score: -1

12:52am Wed 13 Aug 14

Papadoc The Major MC says...

Just a few words.
There will never be peace between Israeli Jews & Arab Muslims. Not in a Million Years.
Just a few words. There will never be peace between Israeli Jews & Arab Muslims. Not in a Million Years. Papadoc The Major MC
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree