BAD HAIR DAY: Police called to Blackburn salon after woman refuses to pay

Suzanne Zahran leaves the salon

Suzanne Zahran leaves the salon

First published in News
Last updated
Blackburn Citizen: Photograph of the Author by , Education reporter

POLICE were called to a town centre hairdresser’s over a row where a customer refused to pay.

Blackburn hairdressers Alan Rene said two stylists had spent several hours trying to fix an at-home henna hair dye job. However, when they presented the second half of a £107 bill, the woman refused to pay.

However, aggrieved customer Suzanne Zahran said her previous colour was fine and the hairdressers had not delivered the right result. Mrs Zahran also accused them of making her hair fall out.

Police who were called in at lunchtime yesterday told the warring parties it was a civil matter that would have to be settled in court.

Hairdresser and partner in the business Hafiza O’Connor said: “It’s actually cost us money to do her hair. It was a disaster because of some henna she had used. She had brown roots, very dark red in the middle and blonde ends. We explained that fixing it was a big job, at least £100, and we couldn’t guarantee the result.

MORE TOP STORIES:

“The first appointment needed two of us and we spent four hours on it. We were open late but she needed to go and she wanted to leave without paying. However we asked her to pay £54 for the first stage.

Blackburn Citizen:

“The next day she didn’t show for an appointment we had set aside three hours for. Then she called us up saying her hair was falling out.

“Of course I was panicked and I opened up the shop for her on my day off. But there was nothing wrong with it.

“Hair wasn’t even coming off onto the brush. We got it looking really good, but she just refused to pay.

“Throughout the entire process she had been trying to haggle with us. A cut and blow dry alone is £35 and a bottle of prelightner is £10. One colour foil is £35 and she had needed two“.

Mrs Zahran and her husband n Fayez are both Blackburn hospital medical technologists Mr Zahran said said: “She was very upset and her hair had been falling out.

“There had been nothing wrong with the henna dye.

“She had just fancied a change of colour.

“She had showed the hairdresser the picture she wanted and the result was nothing like it. Her roots were too light.

“Throughout, the hairdresser was incredibly rude, saying my wife shouldn’t have had her hair done in Jordan and that the henna used had caused problems.

“My wife’s really upset and will be going elsewhere.”

Comments (49)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:26am Fri 27 Jun 14

glossopkid says...

This is news?????
This is news????? glossopkid
  • Score: 68

9:28am Fri 27 Jun 14

HarryBosch says...

Jeez - they're hairdressers not magicians! You've had the work done, pay for it! What was it Obama said about putting lipstick on a pig!
Jeez - they're hairdressers not magicians! You've had the work done, pay for it! What was it Obama said about putting lipstick on a pig! HarryBosch
  • Score: 112

9:38am Fri 27 Jun 14

Sue Lee says...

And she's left her baby somewhere!
And she's left her baby somewhere! Sue Lee
  • Score: 69

9:46am Fri 27 Jun 14

Excluded again says...

Sue Lee wrote:
And she's left her baby somewhere!
Anyone who spends that much time, money and effort on their hair when they have a baby probably isn't too concerned about the baby.
[quote][p][bold]Sue Lee[/bold] wrote: And she's left her baby somewhere![/p][/quote]Anyone who spends that much time, money and effort on their hair when they have a baby probably isn't too concerned about the baby. Excluded again
  • Score: 97

9:51am Fri 27 Jun 14

GracesDad says...

May I suggest a **** fight between these two? What a sorry state of affairs!!! Both women ought to be ashamed of themselves that they can't resolve this dispute without getting the police involved!
May I suggest a **** fight between these two? What a sorry state of affairs!!! Both women ought to be ashamed of themselves that they can't resolve this dispute without getting the police involved! GracesDad
  • Score: -23

10:35am Fri 27 Jun 14

Pintofbitter says...

Two police officers & three PCSO, slightly over the top for such a trivial case.
Two police officers & three PCSO, slightly over the top for such a trivial case. Pintofbitter
  • Score: 92

10:38am Fri 27 Jun 14

Pyewacket2 says...

So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm !
So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm ! Pyewacket2
  • Score: 79

10:50am Fri 27 Jun 14

GracesDad says...

Pyewacket2 wrote:
So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm !
Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.
[quote][p][bold]Pyewacket2[/bold] wrote: So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm ![/p][/quote]Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us. GracesDad
  • Score: 36

11:54am Fri 27 Jun 14

adamdesk says...

WHEN I reported none payment by customer I was told by the police its a civil issue
Did police attend because it was reported by hair stylist (FEMALE)
Also for none payment of hair cut (£25.00 max) was there a need for 5 police officers and their time? was it worth
WHEN I reported none payment by customer I was told by the police its a civil issue Did police attend because it was reported by hair stylist (FEMALE) Also for none payment of hair cut (£25.00 max) was there a need for 5 police officers and their time? was it worth adamdesk
  • Score: 30

12:59pm Fri 27 Jun 14

adamdesk says...

In the future salons should take 50% deposit or otherwise others would learn to walk off too
In the future salons should take 50% deposit or otherwise others would learn to walk off too adamdesk
  • Score: 35

1:10pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

Can I just say that her hair looks lovely...
Alan Rene should get a copy of that picture and put it on the wall.
The title of it should read, 'The difficult we can deal with, right away. The impossible, takes a little longer!'
At least it will give you a little smile when you look at it.
And, waive the fee that she owes, for the free advertising that you gained from her.
Can I just say that her hair looks lovely... Alan Rene should get a copy of that picture and put it on the wall. The title of it should read, 'The difficult we can deal with, right away. The impossible, takes a little longer!' At least it will give you a little smile when you look at it. And, waive the fee that she owes, for the free advertising that you gained from her. woolywords
  • Score: 50

1:49pm Fri 27 Jun 14

Rovers.1875 says...

Bloody ell! Now I know where all my missus' money goes! Daylight robbery at it's finest!! My hair costs £5er to cut! Ha
Bloody ell! Now I know where all my missus' money goes! Daylight robbery at it's finest!! My hair costs £5er to cut! Ha Rovers.1875
  • Score: 42

2:03pm Fri 27 Jun 14

HooperGirl says...

I know the photo isn't a close up but her hair looks pretty good. I bet staff took ages sorting the henna out (henna needs to either fade out or grow out and makes colouring, bleaching or perming hair really challenging) but the colour looks really nice - the salon shold be proud. Unfortunately, as you have received a service and not 'stolen' a product as such, it is fairly easy to claim you do not want to pay and leave the premises. Quite a frustrating situation for the salon no doubt - but maybe a lesson learned in taking deposits when substantial prices are involved. If you don't trust a hairdresser to do a good job then ask yourself why you are letting them.
I know the photo isn't a close up but her hair looks pretty good. I bet staff took ages sorting the henna out (henna needs to either fade out or grow out and makes colouring, bleaching or perming hair really challenging) but the colour looks really nice - the salon shold be proud. Unfortunately, as you have received a service and not 'stolen' a product as such, it is fairly easy to claim you do not want to pay and leave the premises. Quite a frustrating situation for the salon no doubt - but maybe a lesson learned in taking deposits when substantial prices are involved. If you don't trust a hairdresser to do a good job then ask yourself why you are letting them. HooperGirl
  • Score: 44

2:35pm Fri 27 Jun 14

hasslem hasslem says...

Excluded again wrote:
Sue Lee wrote:
And she's left her baby somewhere!
Anyone who spends that much time, money and effort on their hair when they have a baby probably isn't too concerned about the baby.
yours resembles a wire brush - so you must give your kids plenty of time
[quote][p][bold]Excluded again[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sue Lee[/bold] wrote: And she's left her baby somewhere![/p][/quote]Anyone who spends that much time, money and effort on their hair when they have a baby probably isn't too concerned about the baby.[/p][/quote]yours resembles a wire brush - so you must give your kids plenty of time hasslem hasslem
  • Score: 12

2:53pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

Rovers.1875 wrote:
Bloody ell! Now I know where all my missus' money goes! Daylight robbery at it's finest!! My hair costs £5er to cut! Ha
Aah but...
isn't she, your wife just gorgeous, with hair done, just so?
...
My wife lost her long, flowing locks, by over-cooking her Carmen rollers..
I laughed but paid, to emulate her previous looks, from a wig maker.
...
Years later, as she battled Cancer; I made her weep; not in an unkind way, by stating that, I am going to claim against Carmen rollers, for making her hair fall out in radio- and chemo-therapy; as I was sure that it was them that started it...
...
Love the one that you are with; no matter the cost, as there is, just no price upon it, love!
[quote][p][bold]Rovers.1875[/bold] wrote: Bloody ell! Now I know where all my missus' money goes! Daylight robbery at it's finest!! My hair costs £5er to cut! Ha[/p][/quote]Aah but... isn't she, your wife just gorgeous, with hair done, just so? ... My wife lost her long, flowing locks, by over-cooking her Carmen rollers.. I laughed but paid, to emulate her previous looks, from a wig maker. ... Years later, as she battled Cancer; I made her weep; not in an unkind way, by stating that, I am going to claim against Carmen rollers, for making her hair fall out in radio- and chemo-therapy; as I was sure that it was them that started it... ... Love the one that you are with; no matter the cost, as there is, just no price upon it, love! woolywords
  • Score: 36

3:35pm Fri 27 Jun 14

bow1974 says...

She should have gone to No9 barbers round the corner on railway road would have only cost about £45.00 at the most lol .
She should have gone to No9 barbers round the corner on railway road would have only cost about £45.00 at the most lol . bow1974
  • Score: 21

4:24pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

Women, from an early age, do their utmost make themselves so lovely and attractive to us men; so it doesn't do any man, any good, to criticise what they do for us.
...
Women's cosmetics is an huge, Multi-Billion Pound industry; with their fake claims of, how gorgeous that this will make you...
but it's all to no avail, when you, love her.
...
It was written, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder..'
That serves no purpose; when you wrestle in passion, beneath the sheets, in the dark.
With her waxed legs and other bits; perfectly coiffured hair; exfoliated skin, with it's balms and rubs, added scents of some endangered species of cat..
...
It's all for nothing, when she shares the shower after work..
Women, from an early age, do their utmost make themselves so lovely and attractive to us men; so it doesn't do any man, any good, to criticise what they do for us. ... Women's cosmetics is an huge, Multi-Billion Pound industry; with their fake claims of, how gorgeous that this will make you... but it's all to no avail, when you, love her. ... It was written, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder..' That serves no purpose; when you wrestle in passion, beneath the sheets, in the dark. With her waxed legs and other bits; perfectly coiffured hair; exfoliated skin, with it's balms and rubs, added scents of some endangered species of cat.. ... It's all for nothing, when she shares the shower after work.. woolywords
  • Score: 18

5:45pm Fri 27 Jun 14

zabby says...

Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got
Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got zabby
  • Score: 38

6:07pm Fri 27 Jun 14

doggydog says...

Her name says it all really! Want something for nothing!
Her name says it all really! Want something for nothing! doggydog
  • Score: 37

6:50pm Fri 27 Jun 14

Sue Lee says...

Suzanne?
Suzanne? Sue Lee
  • Score: 16

6:57pm Fri 27 Jun 14

HarryBosch says...

zabby wrote:
Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got
Bit of advice for you zabby - if ever you dispute a taxi fare in future, get a receipt with the drivers badge number and the plate number of the taxi. If you can't then resolve it with the taxi company, complain to the licensing office at the town hall. They should resolve it with the driver and take action against him if necessary. The driver MUST supply you with a receipt if asked.
[quote][p][bold]zabby[/bold] wrote: Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got[/p][/quote]Bit of advice for you zabby - if ever you dispute a taxi fare in future, get a receipt with the drivers badge number and the plate number of the taxi. If you can't then resolve it with the taxi company, complain to the licensing office at the town hall. They should resolve it with the driver and take action against him if necessary. The driver MUST supply you with a receipt if asked. HarryBosch
  • Score: 23

7:21pm Fri 27 Jun 14

angel2012 says...

I visited this salon a few months ago and was disgusted at the mess they made. When I called to speak to a manager to complain I was told that I was nothing but a trouble maker and they don't do bad hair cuts. The manager ended the call by telling me he would physically remove me from his salon if I went anywhere near.
I visited this salon a few months ago and was disgusted at the mess they made. When I called to speak to a manager to complain I was told that I was nothing but a trouble maker and they don't do bad hair cuts. The manager ended the call by telling me he would physically remove me from his salon if I went anywhere near. angel2012
  • Score: -17

7:33pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

in all of this contretemps, am thinking of opening a business,
and given the World Cup and all that..
Anyone wanting a Brazilian, I'm your man...
Have clippers, will travel..
in all of this contretemps, am thinking of opening a business, and given the World Cup and all that.. Anyone wanting a Brazilian, I'm your man... Have clippers, will travel.. woolywords
  • Score: 11

7:38pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

wooly.shearer@tesco.
net
for more detai
wooly.shearer@tesco. net for more detai woolywords
  • Score: 10

7:40pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

wooly.shearer@tesco.
net
for more details..
...
I hit the post comment while laughing..
wooly.shearer@tesco. net for more details.. ... I hit the post comment while laughing.. woolywords
  • Score: 10

8:08pm Fri 27 Jun 14

zabby says...

HarryBosch wrote:
zabby wrote:
Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got
Bit of advice for you zabby - if ever you dispute a taxi fare in future, get a receipt with the drivers badge number and the plate number of the taxi. If you can't then resolve it with the taxi company, complain to the licensing office at the town hall. They should resolve it with the driver and take action against him if necessary. The driver MUST supply you with a receipt if asked.
Easier said than done,have you ever tried getting a receipt off these firms
[quote][p][bold]HarryBosch[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]zabby[/bold] wrote: Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got[/p][/quote]Bit of advice for you zabby - if ever you dispute a taxi fare in future, get a receipt with the drivers badge number and the plate number of the taxi. If you can't then resolve it with the taxi company, complain to the licensing office at the town hall. They should resolve it with the driver and take action against him if necessary. The driver MUST supply you with a receipt if asked.[/p][/quote]Easier said than done,have you ever tried getting a receipt off these firms zabby
  • Score: 6

9:02pm Fri 27 Jun 14

M.DANNY says...

I would not not pay if the Barber if i had a bad haircut with wrong colour.
I would not pay if the meal we ordered was bad at a restaurant.
It is a civil matter not a police matter. It's not stealing it's bad workmanship.
I would not not pay if the Barber if i had a bad haircut with wrong colour. I would not pay if the meal we ordered was bad at a restaurant. It is a civil matter not a police matter. It's not stealing it's bad workmanship. M.DANNY
  • Score: -13

9:13pm Fri 27 Jun 14

child44 says...

FIVE police/PCSOs for dispute over a hairdo???????? WTF? Get a f******ing grip. Who's our Police & Crime Commissioner? This is utter nonsense.
FIVE police/PCSOs for dispute over a hairdo???????? WTF? Get a f******ing grip. Who's our Police & Crime Commissioner? This is utter nonsense. child44
  • Score: 11

9:17pm Fri 27 Jun 14

kapalski says...

And their employment details are on here because ???
And their employment details are on here because ??? kapalski
  • Score: 13

9:18pm Fri 27 Jun 14

ossybsting says...

freebie then eh
freebie then eh ossybsting
  • Score: 15

9:21pm Fri 27 Jun 14

woolywords says...

M.Danny,
given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all?
am utterly curious..
...
am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think..
slip-shod Islamic man..
M.Danny, given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all? am utterly curious.. ... am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think.. slip-shod Islamic man.. woolywords
  • Score: 11

9:22pm Fri 27 Jun 14

doggydog says...

ossybsting wrote:
freebie then eh
As per bud!
[quote][p][bold]ossybsting[/bold] wrote: freebie then eh[/p][/quote]As per bud! doggydog
  • Score: 16

9:44pm Fri 27 Jun 14

M.DANNY says...

woolywords wrote:
M.Danny,
given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all?
am utterly curious..
...
am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think..
slip-shod Islamic man..
There was fly in my soup ?
The barber dyed my hair green ?
I Would refuse to pay ? this is a civil matter not a police matter ?
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: M.Danny, given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all? am utterly curious.. ... am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think.. slip-shod Islamic man..[/p][/quote]There was fly in my soup ? The barber dyed my hair green ? I Would refuse to pay ? this is a civil matter not a police matter ? M.DANNY
  • Score: 12

10:53pm Fri 27 Jun 14

peanut2010 says...

GracesDad wrote:
Pyewacket2 wrote:
So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm !
Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.
They come and work as a team. Lets hope you never need P.C.S.Os. Ours are amazing.
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pyewacket2[/bold] wrote: So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm ![/p][/quote]Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.[/p][/quote]They come and work as a team. Lets hope you never need P.C.S.Os. Ours are amazing. peanut2010
  • Score: -10

1:00am Sat 28 Jun 14

Steven11 says...

angel2012 wrote:
I visited this salon a few months ago and was disgusted at the mess they made. When I called to speak to a manager to complain I was told that I was nothing but a trouble maker and they don't do bad hair cuts. The manager ended the call by telling me he would physically remove me from his salon if I went anywhere near.
You always get one, dosent or can't pay . Why go in to these salons if you can't afford them , I don't. ,
[quote][p][bold]angel2012[/bold] wrote: I visited this salon a few months ago and was disgusted at the mess they made. When I called to speak to a manager to complain I was told that I was nothing but a trouble maker and they don't do bad hair cuts. The manager ended the call by telling me he would physically remove me from his salon if I went anywhere near.[/p][/quote]You always get one, dosent or can't pay . Why go in to these salons if you can't afford them , I don't. , Steven11
  • Score: 17

1:07am Sat 28 Jun 14

Steven11 says...

woolywords wrote:
in all of this contretemps, am thinking of opening a business,
and given the World Cup and all that..
Anyone wanting a Brazilian, I'm your man...
Have clippers, will travel..
Brazil sounds good to me , want a lift to the airport , just give me a ring !
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: in all of this contretemps, am thinking of opening a business, and given the World Cup and all that.. Anyone wanting a Brazilian, I'm your man... Have clippers, will travel..[/p][/quote]Brazil sounds good to me , want a lift to the airport , just give me a ring ! Steven11
  • Score: 8

1:10am Sat 28 Jun 14

Steven11 says...

M.DANNY wrote:
I would not not pay if the Barber if i had a bad haircut with wrong colour.
I would not pay if the meal we ordered was bad at a restaurant.
It is a civil matter not a police matter. It's not stealing it's bad workmanship.
I bet your good fun to go shopping with. !
[quote][p][bold]M.DANNY[/bold] wrote: I would not not pay if the Barber if i had a bad haircut with wrong colour. I would not pay if the meal we ordered was bad at a restaurant. It is a civil matter not a police matter. It's not stealing it's bad workmanship.[/p][/quote]I bet your good fun to go shopping with. ! Steven11
  • Score: 9

1:16am Sat 28 Jun 14

Steven11 says...

M.DANNY wrote:
woolywords wrote:
M.Danny,
given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all?
am utterly curious..
...
am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think..
slip-shod Islamic man..
There was fly in my soup ?
The barber dyed my hair green ?
I Would refuse to pay ? this is a civil matter not a police matter ?
Surely a green cloth on your head ?
[quote][p][bold]M.DANNY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: M.Danny, given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all? am utterly curious.. ... am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think.. slip-shod Islamic man..[/p][/quote]There was fly in my soup ? The barber dyed my hair green ? I Would refuse to pay ? this is a civil matter not a police matter ?[/p][/quote]Surely a green cloth on your head ? Steven11
  • Score: 5

6:12am Sat 28 Jun 14

angel2012 says...

Steven11 actually I Could afford to go in to the salon and still could but unfortunately my stylist was sick so they offered me an alternative. This salon is a fantastic one if you get the right stylist. But the alternative stylist turned out to do trainee work. I was just posting about an experience I had with this salon.
Just to add I had been a regular customer for sometime before this :-)
Steven11 actually I Could afford to go in to the salon and still could but unfortunately my stylist was sick so they offered me an alternative. This salon is a fantastic one if you get the right stylist. But the alternative stylist turned out to do trainee work. I was just posting about an experience I had with this salon. Just to add I had been a regular customer for sometime before this :-) angel2012
  • Score: 4

11:33am Sat 28 Jun 14

Malthus says...

zabby wrote:
Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got
I agree. Why are the police also used to help facilitate bailiffs and and also employees from the TV licencing people?
[quote][p][bold]zabby[/bold] wrote: Police say it's a civil matter,why don't they say it's a civil matter when you dispute a overcharged taxi fare,police make you pay or be arrested,happened to me twice,both times Asian taxi firms,police attended and told me in no uncertain terms pay what the rip off taxi driver was demanding or be arrested, £15 from burnley centre to marsden road,who's the criminal me for refusing to pay more than £8 or the taxi driver with his extortionate rates ,job took 5 mins I had to pay £15 ,police supporting rip off taxi firms what chance have we got[/p][/quote]I agree. Why are the police also used to help facilitate bailiffs and and also employees from the TV licencing people? Malthus
  • Score: 14

11:31pm Sun 29 Jun 14

blackburne67 says...

Each story is their own version of events & what the paper decides to print & what photo to print as well.Why the **** against either party or the Police? Not one of us know the full facts of what has happened here. It is a civil matter & Police officers respond to the info given to them from their response/call centre.Quick to judge Police officers that dont respond quickly enough when someone gets seriously hurt or worse! & when was this photo taken outside Alan Renes salon? Is it dated? Could it have been when HMQ2ND visited on Maundy Thurs! Just a thought & thinking outside the box abit!!!.Who reported this incident to the Police? Come on be reasonable & nice show your a bit smarter rather than being taken in by low key sensationalism. :)
Each story is their own version of events & what the paper decides to print & what photo to print as well.Why the **** against either party or the Police? Not one of us know the full facts of what has happened here. It is a civil matter & Police officers respond to the info given to them from their response/call centre.Quick to judge Police officers that dont respond quickly enough when someone gets seriously hurt or worse! & when was this photo taken outside Alan Renes salon? Is it dated? Could it have been when HMQ2ND visited on Maundy Thurs! Just a thought & thinking outside the box abit!!!.Who reported this incident to the Police? Come on be reasonable & nice show your a bit smarter rather than being taken in by low key sensationalism. :) blackburne67
  • Score: 10

11:34pm Sun 29 Jun 14

blackburne67 says...

woolywords wrote:
Rovers.1875 wrote:
Bloody ell! Now I know where all my missus' money goes! Daylight robbery at it's finest!! My hair costs £5er to cut! Ha
Aah but...
isn't she, your wife just gorgeous, with hair done, just so?
...
My wife lost her long, flowing locks, by over-cooking her Carmen rollers..
I laughed but paid, to emulate her previous looks, from a wig maker.
...
Years later, as she battled Cancer; I made her weep; not in an unkind way, by stating that, I am going to claim against Carmen rollers, for making her hair fall out in radio- and chemo-therapy; as I was sure that it was them that started it...
...
Love the one that you are with; no matter the cost, as there is, just no price upon it, love!
Absolutely bloody spot on, skin deep eh! :) xxx
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rovers.1875[/bold] wrote: Bloody ell! Now I know where all my missus' money goes! Daylight robbery at it's finest!! My hair costs £5er to cut! Ha[/p][/quote]Aah but... isn't she, your wife just gorgeous, with hair done, just so? ... My wife lost her long, flowing locks, by over-cooking her Carmen rollers.. I laughed but paid, to emulate her previous looks, from a wig maker. ... Years later, as she battled Cancer; I made her weep; not in an unkind way, by stating that, I am going to claim against Carmen rollers, for making her hair fall out in radio- and chemo-therapy; as I was sure that it was them that started it... ... Love the one that you are with; no matter the cost, as there is, just no price upon it, love![/p][/quote]Absolutely bloody spot on, skin deep eh! :) xxx blackburne67
  • Score: 10

11:50pm Sun 29 Jun 14

blackburne67 says...

M.DANNY wrote:
I would not not pay if the Barber if i had a bad haircut with wrong colour.
I would not pay if the meal we ordered was bad at a restaurant.
It is a civil matter not a police matter. It's not stealing it's bad workmanship.
110 % agree with you.When u r paying for a service & you are not happy with the result you need to know what action you can take & be protected & help prevent this happening to someone else as well.If you buy a product in a shop & it is not fit for the purpose it is designed for you are entitled to a full refund so why accept a service not fit for the desired outcome you had hoped for providing all correct advice & realistic expectations had been explained & understood. :) I certainly would not pay a deposit for a product or service I have not recieved until the product had either done its job or hss been completed..Tbis is a 2 way contract of exchaning money for a product or service required. :)
[quote][p][bold]M.DANNY[/bold] wrote: I would not not pay if the Barber if i had a bad haircut with wrong colour. I would not pay if the meal we ordered was bad at a restaurant. It is a civil matter not a police matter. It's not stealing it's bad workmanship.[/p][/quote]110 % agree with you.When u r paying for a service & you are not happy with the result you need to know what action you can take & be protected & help prevent this happening to someone else as well.If you buy a product in a shop & it is not fit for the purpose it is designed for you are entitled to a full refund so why accept a service not fit for the desired outcome you had hoped for providing all correct advice & realistic expectations had been explained & understood. :) I certainly would not pay a deposit for a product or service I have not recieved until the product had either done its job or hss been completed..Tbis is a 2 way contract of exchaning money for a product or service required. :) blackburne67
  • Score: 9

1:05am Mon 30 Jun 14

barryinthailand says...

woolywords wrote:
wooly.shearer@tesco.

net
for more details..
...
I hit the post comment while laughing..
Well at least you made one person laugh!
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: wooly.shearer@tesco. net for more details.. ... I hit the post comment while laughing..[/p][/quote]Well at least you made one person laugh! barryinthailand
  • Score: 15

11:52am Tue 1 Jul 14

HelmshoreBoy says...

Shave her hair off. That would solve her problem.
Shave her hair off. That would solve her problem. HelmshoreBoy
  • Score: 12

8:00pm Thu 3 Jul 14

harrybash says...

GracesDad wrote:
Pyewacket2 wrote:
So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm !
Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.
The crafty women has had a free hair do and I bet she's laughing, I would take her to the civil court on principle if only to wipe the smile off her face. Her hair looks fine in the picture !
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pyewacket2[/bold] wrote: So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm ![/p][/quote]Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.[/p][/quote]The crafty women has had a free hair do and I bet she's laughing, I would take her to the civil court on principle if only to wipe the smile off her face. Her hair looks fine in the picture ! harrybash
  • Score: 13

8:00pm Thu 3 Jul 14

harrybash says...

GracesDad wrote:
Pyewacket2 wrote:
So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm !
Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.
The crafty women has had a free hair do and I bet she's laughing, I would take her to the civil court on principle if only to wipe the smile off her face. Her hair looks fine in the picture !
[quote][p][bold]GracesDad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pyewacket2[/bold] wrote: So at least five Police Officers attended to tell these two women that it was a civil matter. Hmmmm ![/p][/quote]Only two of the five pictured are police officers. The other three have about as much power as the rest of us.[/p][/quote]The crafty women has had a free hair do and I bet she's laughing, I would take her to the civil court on principle if only to wipe the smile off her face. Her hair looks fine in the picture ! harrybash
  • Score: 11

11:01pm Thu 3 Jul 14

ConcernedOssy says...

Steven11 wrote:
M.DANNY wrote:
woolywords wrote:
M.Danny,
given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all?
am utterly curious..
...
am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think..
slip-shod Islamic man..
There was fly in my soup ?
The barber dyed my hair green ?
I Would refuse to pay ? this is a civil matter not a police matter ?
Surely a green cloth on your head ?
or maybe a Burkha LOL !!!
[quote][p][bold]Steven11[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]M.DANNY[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: M.Danny, given that you are, what you are, just where do you allow your wife to get her hair cut, if at all? am utterly curious.. ... am thinking that, you don't honestly know, and by that, don't have as much control over her, as you think.. slip-shod Islamic man..[/p][/quote]There was fly in my soup ? The barber dyed my hair green ? I Would refuse to pay ? this is a civil matter not a police matter ?[/p][/quote]Surely a green cloth on your head ?[/p][/quote]or maybe a Burkha LOL !!! ConcernedOssy
  • Score: 26

12:05am Tue 15 Jul 14

pavan1806 says...

I love this salon. Whenever I mess up my hair by doing it myself, they ALWAYS fix it. And if you want it done to perfection you've got to pay the price. Don't go in expecting cheap prices if you want an amazing job done. Been here so many times, wouldn't trust anyone else to do my hair.
I love this salon. Whenever I mess up my hair by doing it myself, they ALWAYS fix it. And if you want it done to perfection you've got to pay the price. Don't go in expecting cheap prices if you want an amazing job done. Been here so many times, wouldn't trust anyone else to do my hair. pavan1806
  • Score: -7

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree