When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Lancashire Telegraph: Our most read stories of 2014 so far
Updated 6:02pm Monday 23rd June 2014 in News
THE crisis in Ukraine and the missing Malaysian jet MH370 have been the biggest stories of 2014. Here is what has topped the charts at the Lancashire Telegraph.
1. Body found in hunt for missing Burnley teen (72,540)
POLICE have confirmed that the body found at Rowley Park yesterday is that of teenager Declan Edwards.
2. Three teenagers arrested and bailed after alleged assault in Blackburn posted on Facebook (54,664)
Three teenage girls have been arrested and bailed on suspicion of assault following a video being posted online.
3. Missing Blackburn girls found safe and well (37,696)
TWO girls who had been missing for five days have been found safe and well.
4. Clitheroe school yearbooks recalled after pupil's indecent exposure in photo (34,893)
A HIGH school was forced to recall 240 leavers’ yearbooks after a 16-year-old pupil indecently exposed himself in a group photograph.
A MAN suffered serious head and chest injuries when he jumped off a canal bridge for charity but missed the water.
6. Man tries to snatch two-year-old girl in Burnley park (29,308)
POLICE have released a description of a man who allegedly tried to snatch a two-year-old girl in Towneley Park.
7. Blackburn red van man warning to parents (26,929)
PARENTS have been told to be on alert after two young girls were approached in Blackburn by a man driving a red van.
8. ‘Racist’ Padiham chip shop banner taken down after threats (25,589)
A CHIP shop sign branded ‘racist’ for announcing its owners were English has been taken down following threats to ‘burn it down’.
9. Murder probe as woman, 40, killed in Rawtenstall (24,226)
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a woman was believed to have been stabbed to death in a street.
10. Man arrested after dramatic rush hour smash in Audley (23,381)
A MAN was seen climbing from a car covered in blood following a rush hour crash in Audley.
Comments are closed on this article.