Challenging lazy views of Islam – on all sides

Zia Chaudhry

Zia Chaudhry

First published in News
Last updated
Blackburn Citizen: Photograph of the Author by , Feature Writer

BARRISTER Zia Chaudhry has written a new book to help debunk some of the harmful stereotypes people may perceive of Islam – and which he hopes will get both Muslims and non-Muslims thinking about their attitudes. He spoke to DIANE COOKE...

AS a good Muslim, barrister Zia Chaudhry follows Islam and prays five times a day. But then he also checks his beloved Liverpool FC’s website five times a day too.

Zia, 44, who spent his formative years in Brierfield, is the author of a must-read book – Just Your Average Muslim – which calls for mutual understanding whilst putting into context some of the exhausted stereotypes.

But Zia would be the first to admit that he’s not your average Muslim – if indeed one exists. He’s more liberal, more confident and more dedicated to reform. Unlike many, he doesn’t feel “under siege” or victimised in this post-9/11 society in which the mere mention of a burkha can ignite racial resentment.

The book is a personal attempt to put Islam into context in a modern society, providing fascinating insights into history that a British-born Muslim will never learn in school.

It also exposes some of the myths – honour killings, forced marriages, niqab-wearing and female genital mutilation are not supported by the Koran. Quite the opposite.

Says Zia: “Muslims and Islam are never out of the news. I was very lucky. My dad was very balanced and educated so growing up for me as a Muslim was relatively easy. But it may not be so easy for my children which is one of the reasons I wrote the book.

“They’re only eight, six and three, but already they’ve said things that have made me question if they see themselves as different. The fact that they can’t eat certain things when they go to parties or school because the meat is not halal, for instance.

“You also have to be very careful what they hear on the news. Even my eight-year-old has picked up on Syria and asked. ‘Daddy why are all the problems in the Muslim countries?’ I had to tell them that it’s not always like that, there are problems all around the world.”

Zia attended the prestigious Bluecoat School in Liverpool and never considered sending his children to Muslim schools.

“Most of my friends are English and when I went to Manchester University my flatmates were English lads. I’d consider myself a very committed Muslim and if I heard something wrong about Islam, I’d argue the toss. It hasn’t made me any less Muslim because I didn’t go to a Muslim school. I have friends who have only mixed with Muslims and that’s quite limiting.”

Zia hopes his book will appeal to both sides. His intention is to inform non-Muslims and to get Muslims thinking.

“I’m very much against the idea that Islam is a bunch of rules administered by the religious authorities and it’s our job to follow the rules. The Koran directs itself to people of understanding. One of the great tragedies of modern Islam is that so few know what’s in the Koran. In my father’s generation they only read the Arabic without having a translation so they didn’t have a clue what they were reading. We are one step better off because we have translations so we can understand more.

“At six I could recite the Koran but I had no idea what it said. You go to mosques in Blackburn and Burnley and that’s what’s happening. These kids are learning by rote to recite the Arabic, but they don’t know what they are reciting.”

Reaction to the book has so far been overwhelmingly positive, by like-minded educated young Muslims.

“The ones that are going to react badly to it are the ultra conservatives who see everything in black and white as in, these are the rules and any departure must be bad. One of the controversial bits is about prayer times being based on sunrise and sunset. When these rules were delivered that’s how your day operated, but now in the modern West you don’t live your life like that. What do you do if you’re living in Norway? You have to think outside the box.”

The controversial issue of burkha or niqab-wearing is not something the Koran stipulates, neither is it such an issue in Liverpool where Zia lives. “My wife doesn’t wear one, neither does my sister nor my mother. My wife understands that the rule is to dress modestly. If you have your body covered but inside you’ve bad intentions, what’s the point?

“The only specific in the Koran is to cover your chest. My mother’s generation never bothered with the niqab. The majority of people wearing it are youngsters who were born in England. This is not a Muslim issue but an issue of identity. This is about asserting themselves as Muslims.”

Zia’s father arrived from Pakistan in 1962 with a bag of clothes and a law degree from Peshawar University. He moved to Burnley where work was guaranteed and property cheap. But after he contracted TB, the bar no longer seemed inviting so he began to study to become a teacher. He used to helped Pakistanis fill in forms necessary to get by in England.

The Pakistani community of East Lancs then was happy to observe religious rituals but could not be described as allowing Islam to inform the way it lived. “There were no hijabs and niqabs, and funny clothes and facial hair didn’t cause outrage. Newspapers did not carry daily debates about whether Islam was compatible with British values.” Maybe this book can pave the way to a renewed understanding.

Comments (42)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:22pm Mon 12 May 14

We'll win the next one says...

What a refreshing and balanced approach. I like his mindset.
What a refreshing and balanced approach. I like his mindset. We'll win the next one
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Mon 12 May 14

Excluded again says...

Well done to Mr Chaudry. By showing how a person can live an integrated, successful life in Britain while still remaining committed to his Muslim faith, he challenges the bigots, the extremists and the narrow-minded in both communities.
Well done to Mr Chaudry. By showing how a person can live an integrated, successful life in Britain while still remaining committed to his Muslim faith, he challenges the bigots, the extremists and the narrow-minded in both communities. Excluded again
  • Score: 13

1:27pm Mon 12 May 14

AndyD123 says...

So long as humans place so much credence in what has been written down in so called "holy" books we're always going to have divisions between different sections of society. Muslims view the Koran as the perfect, unalterable word of god. If this is to be believed then there shouldn't be any need to "interpret" the more vulgar passages into something more palatable to modern society. The bible doesn't fare any better either. There is some truly horrific guidance offered in its pages. If that comes from a benevolent god then I for one want nothing to do with him.
So long as humans place so much credence in what has been written down in so called "holy" books we're always going to have divisions between different sections of society. Muslims view the Koran as the perfect, unalterable word of god. If this is to be believed then there shouldn't be any need to "interpret" the more vulgar passages into something more palatable to modern society. The bible doesn't fare any better either. There is some truly horrific guidance offered in its pages. If that comes from a benevolent god then I for one want nothing to do with him. AndyD123
  • Score: 42

1:48pm Mon 12 May 14

noddy57 says...

l have nothing but admiration for him and his father for having the determination to succeed in the west which in 1962 was not the safest of environments to be in, well done and l hope these fanatics and extremists of the Muslim faith take heed of his fine example of how to live and be respected in society.
l have nothing but admiration for him and his father for having the determination to succeed in the west which in 1962 was not the safest of environments to be in, well done and l hope these fanatics and extremists of the Muslim faith take heed of his fine example of how to live and be respected in society. noddy57
  • Score: -2

2:18pm Mon 12 May 14

ratbag says...

I've just bought this book on the basis of this article!
I've just bought this book on the basis of this article! ratbag
  • Score: -18

3:12pm Mon 12 May 14

diCookie says...

Ratbag - it's well worth it, believe me. Puts a lot of things into context.
Ratbag - it's well worth it, believe me. Puts a lot of things into context. diCookie
  • Score: -32

5:26pm Mon 12 May 14

boynesider says...

good on him,brave enough to blow the rhetoric behind a lot of the "myths"
good on him,brave enough to blow the rhetoric behind a lot of the "myths" boynesider
  • Score: -15

5:38pm Mon 12 May 14

TONY WALES says...

Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth TONY WALES
  • Score: 37

5:53pm Mon 12 May 14

mrcool says...

It might be surprising to learn that most of the Muslim community actually are quite liberal and accepting. It's only a mixture of the minority, the bigots and the right wing press media that make the problems. I've never heard any of the Muslims that I mix with say that they want to take over the UK, yet you listen to some views from the bigots here and you would think it was so.
It might be surprising to learn that most of the Muslim community actually are quite liberal and accepting. It's only a mixture of the minority, the bigots and the right wing press media that make the problems. I've never heard any of the Muslims that I mix with say that they want to take over the UK, yet you listen to some views from the bigots here and you would think it was so. mrcool
  • Score: -22

5:54pm Mon 12 May 14

Legal Beagle says...

TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'. Legal Beagle
  • Score: -2

6:29pm Mon 12 May 14

adamdesk says...

this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard
this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard adamdesk
  • Score: 33

7:26pm Mon 12 May 14

NorthernVoice says...

It is a bit of a shame that the article just above this is about a father beating his daughter with a tennis racket, especially when this article makes mention of the "myth of honour killings".
It is a bit of a shame that the article just above this is about a father beating his daughter with a tennis racket, especially when this article makes mention of the "myth of honour killings". NorthernVoice
  • Score: 1

7:44pm Mon 12 May 14

TONY WALES says...

Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
[quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country. TONY WALES
  • Score: 30

8:37pm Mon 12 May 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

This gentleman seems to have a very level headed view on the subject of Islam, the problem some of the more irate posts on here are looking at all the other comments you "can't" comment on and makes there blood boil.

Attacker jailed after knocking innocent man unconscious.

Blackburn dad beats daughter.

Blackburn pervert jailed for abducting girls.

All Asian gentlemen the LT won't let us comment on.

The above gentleman puts a very good case for Islam, but hiding beating children for not reading the holy book counter balances his views, pity we can't comment on EVERYTHING LT!!!
This gentleman seems to have a very level headed view on the subject of Islam, the problem some of the more irate posts on here are looking at all the other comments you "can't" comment on and makes there blood boil. Attacker jailed after knocking innocent man unconscious. Blackburn dad beats daughter. Blackburn pervert jailed for abducting girls. All Asian gentlemen the LT won't let us comment on. The above gentleman puts a very good case for Islam, but hiding beating children for not reading the holy book counter balances his views, pity we can't comment on EVERYTHING LT!!! Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 37

9:04pm Mon 12 May 14

sen c b l says...

adamdesk wrote:
this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard
Since when are Muslims
[quote][p][bold]adamdesk[/bold] wrote: this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard[/p][/quote]Since when are Muslims sen c b l
  • Score: -47

9:11pm Mon 12 May 14

Copperhead says...

I know all muslims aren't terrorists, but at the moment all terrorists are muslims.
Islam tolerant and open-minded ?
I'll tell you what - I'll believe Islam is liberal and tolerant when I can walk out of a Roman Catholic Church or a Synagogue in Mecca or Riyadh and go straight into an off-licence and buy some beer, holding hands with my wife - who is wearing a mini-skirt.
WW4 will be fought against Islam - and we had better win.
I know all muslims aren't terrorists, but at the moment all terrorists are muslims. Islam tolerant and open-minded ? I'll tell you what - I'll believe Islam is liberal and tolerant when I can walk out of a Roman Catholic Church or a Synagogue in Mecca or Riyadh and go straight into an off-licence and buy some beer, holding hands with my wife - who is wearing a mini-skirt. WW4 will be fought against Islam - and we had better win. Copperhead
  • Score: 41

9:32pm Mon 12 May 14

Shane says...

mrcool wrote:
It might be surprising to learn that most of the Muslim community actually are quite liberal and accepting. It's only a mixture of the minority, the bigots and the right wing press media that make the problems. I've never heard any of the Muslims that I mix with say that they want to take over the UK, yet you listen to some views from the bigots here and you would think it was so.
Absolutely true it is the minority. I have Muslim friends who laugh at the minority however remember the Nazis were the minority in the 1930s. The majority stood by laughing at Mr Hitler and his Nazis then all of a sudden..........
[quote][p][bold]mrcool[/bold] wrote: It might be surprising to learn that most of the Muslim community actually are quite liberal and accepting. It's only a mixture of the minority, the bigots and the right wing press media that make the problems. I've never heard any of the Muslims that I mix with say that they want to take over the UK, yet you listen to some views from the bigots here and you would think it was so.[/p][/quote]Absolutely true it is the minority. I have Muslim friends who laugh at the minority however remember the Nazis were the minority in the 1930s. The majority stood by laughing at Mr Hitler and his Nazis then all of a sudden.......... Shane
  • Score: 9

9:59pm Mon 12 May 14

Excluded again says...

The point that the bigots miss is that not all Muslims are the same.

Unfortunately the ones you read about in the paper are either the ones who shout their mouths with extreme comments or who break the law in some way. People like Mr Chaudry rarely make the news because they just quietly get on with their lives - and because they rarely make the news are more common than many people think.
The point that the bigots miss is that not all Muslims are the same. Unfortunately the ones you read about in the paper are either the ones who shout their mouths with extreme comments or who break the law in some way. People like Mr Chaudry rarely make the news because they just quietly get on with their lives - and because they rarely make the news are more common than many people think. Excluded again
  • Score: -36

10:52pm Mon 12 May 14

fedup with your lies says...

TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush.

If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush. If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!! fedup with your lies
  • Score: -21

10:57pm Mon 12 May 14

woolywords says...

NorthernVoice wrote:
It is a bit of a shame that the article just above this is about a father beating his daughter with a tennis racket, especially when this article makes mention of the "myth of honour killings".
Believe me, if I'd found out that my daughter was having sex at 14, I'd be in the same court, after beating her with half the stock of a sports shop too.
His or her race is wholly immaterial, the fact of the matter is, they were engaged in an illegal act and both will know it.
Want to bet that neither of them will face a court for this?
They should be both charged with the offence that they have committed and face the consequences. Whilst I may have on occasions shown no respect for the Asian culture, on this one, I'm with the Father. The many Asian women that I have met, have a certain demure, honest and open nature that demands that you treat her with some respect for that. Sadly, that is lacking in a lot of people nowadays, when you hear of the name-calling and lack of respect for, what is after all, their choice.
And yes, I will continue to wink and smile at women in a burqa, as I know it makes them blush.
[quote][p][bold]NorthernVoice[/bold] wrote: It is a bit of a shame that the article just above this is about a father beating his daughter with a tennis racket, especially when this article makes mention of the "myth of honour killings".[/p][/quote]Believe me, if I'd found out that my daughter was having sex at 14, I'd be in the same court, after beating her with half the stock of a sports shop too. His or her race is wholly immaterial, the fact of the matter is, they were engaged in an illegal act and both will know it. Want to bet that neither of them will face a court for this? They should be both charged with the offence that they have committed and face the consequences. Whilst I may have on occasions shown no respect for the Asian culture, on this one, I'm with the Father. The many Asian women that I have met, have a certain demure, honest and open nature that demands that you treat her with some respect for that. Sadly, that is lacking in a lot of people nowadays, when you hear of the name-calling and lack of respect for, what is after all, their choice. And yes, I will continue to wink and smile at women in a burqa, as I know it makes them blush. woolywords
  • Score: -29

10:59pm Mon 12 May 14

Chill out y'all says...

The problem with Asians is that they believe that by intergrating they have to discard their religion. Islam teaches us to be good to our neighbours and fellow human beings. Although that is not always the case at least don't be hypocrites. There are plenty of paedophiles, wife beaters etc etc in every community. Don't just target Muslims with these labels. The majority of us live peaceful and law abiding lives. We value the freedoms and traditions of this country just as much as the next person. Thankfully this book is a small step in what seems like a huge task of fighting the hysteria of Islamophobia created by the media. Well done Mr Chaudhry! A must have purchase for all those who strive for a more tolerant world and well done to LT for reporting something positive.
The problem with Asians is that they believe that by intergrating they have to discard their religion. Islam teaches us to be good to our neighbours and fellow human beings. Although that is not always the case at least don't be hypocrites. There are plenty of paedophiles, wife beaters etc etc in every community. Don't just target Muslims with these labels. The majority of us live peaceful and law abiding lives. We value the freedoms and traditions of this country just as much as the next person. Thankfully this book is a small step in what seems like a huge task of fighting the hysteria of Islamophobia created by the media. Well done Mr Chaudhry! A must have purchase for all those who strive for a more tolerant world and well done to LT for reporting something positive. Chill out y'all
  • Score: 11

11:14pm Mon 12 May 14

Steven Seagull says...

Copperhead wrote:
I know all muslims aren't terrorists, but at the moment all terrorists are muslims.
Islam tolerant and open-minded ?
I'll tell you what - I'll believe Islam is liberal and tolerant when I can walk out of a Roman Catholic Church or a Synagogue in Mecca or Riyadh and go straight into an off-licence and buy some beer, holding hands with my wife - who is wearing a mini-skirt.
WW4 will be fought against Islam - and we had better win.
Well "at the moment" the real IRA are still active, are they Muslims? So that blows you're theory based on plain thickness right out of the water doesn't it you monumental bellend.
[quote][p][bold]Copperhead[/bold] wrote: I know all muslims aren't terrorists, but at the moment all terrorists are muslims. Islam tolerant and open-minded ? I'll tell you what - I'll believe Islam is liberal and tolerant when I can walk out of a Roman Catholic Church or a Synagogue in Mecca or Riyadh and go straight into an off-licence and buy some beer, holding hands with my wife - who is wearing a mini-skirt. WW4 will be fought against Islam - and we had better win.[/p][/quote]Well "at the moment" the real IRA are still active, are they Muslims? So that blows you're theory based on plain thickness right out of the water doesn't it you monumental bellend. Steven Seagull
  • Score: -21

11:43pm Mon 12 May 14

phil kernot says...

Who cares what religion you are
Who cares what religion you are phil kernot
  • Score: 12

12:26am Tue 13 May 14

ikap22 says...

adamdesk wrote:
this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard
No pleasing people like you, even if he did have fist full size beard, I'm sure likes of you will nit pick something else.
[quote][p][bold]adamdesk[/bold] wrote: this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard[/p][/quote]No pleasing people like you, even if he did have fist full size beard, I'm sure likes of you will nit pick something else. ikap22
  • Score: -32

12:32am Tue 13 May 14

ikap22 says...

TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them. ikap22
  • Score: -45

12:33am Tue 13 May 14

ikap22 says...

sen c b l wrote:
adamdesk wrote:
this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard
Since when are Muslims
Your just a Turd! 😊
[quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adamdesk[/bold] wrote: this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard[/p][/quote]Since when are Muslims[/p][/quote]Your just a Turd! 😊 ikap22
  • Score: -47

12:35am Tue 13 May 14

ikap22 says...

fedup with your lies wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush.

If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!!
Spot on,👍
[quote][p][bold]fedup with your lies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush. If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Spot on,👍 ikap22
  • Score: -26

6:35am Tue 13 May 14

wilddog says...

ikap22 wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.
Thats twice now ikap22 that you have slandered someone by accusing them of being a member of the EDL. Again i will approach the LET for your IP address as i wish you to prove it in a court of law that anyone who comes on here and posts must be a member of the EDL.
[quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.[/p][/quote]Thats twice now ikap22 that you have slandered someone by accusing them of being a member of the EDL. Again i will approach the LET for your IP address as i wish you to prove it in a court of law that anyone who comes on here and posts must be a member of the EDL. wilddog
  • Score: 30

7:20am Tue 13 May 14

greenscreener says...

sen c b l wrote:
adamdesk wrote:
this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard
Since when are Muslims
unable to finish a sentence ?
[quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adamdesk[/bold] wrote: this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard[/p][/quote]Since when are Muslims[/p][/quote]unable to finish a sentence ? greenscreener
  • Score: 21

8:47am Tue 13 May 14

ikap22 says...

wilddog wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.
Thats twice now ikap22 that you have slandered someone by accusing them of being a member of the EDL. Again i will approach the LET for your IP address as i wish you to prove it in a court of law that anyone who comes on here and posts must be a member of the EDL.
Report me, I don't need to justify s**t to likes of you! You nerd, you are wrong it's total of 8 times not twice, ap# s**t.
[quote][p][bold]wilddog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.[/p][/quote]Thats twice now ikap22 that you have slandered someone by accusing them of being a member of the EDL. Again i will approach the LET for your IP address as i wish you to prove it in a court of law that anyone who comes on here and posts must be a member of the EDL.[/p][/quote]Report me, I don't need to justify s**t to likes of you! You nerd, you are wrong it's total of 8 times not twice, ap# s**t. ikap22
  • Score: -25

9:20am Tue 13 May 14

TONY WALES says...

fedup with your lies wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush.

If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!!
Very few Asian people wear poppies, look around November time.
Also why don't Asian shops sell poppies?
[quote][p][bold]fedup with your lies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush. If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Very few Asian people wear poppies, look around November time. Also why don't Asian shops sell poppies? TONY WALES
  • Score: 6

9:22am Tue 13 May 14

TONY WALES says...

ikap22 wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.
Once people start to use rude words in their letters the majority of the readers realise you are poorly educated.
[quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.[/p][/quote]Once people start to use rude words in their letters the majority of the readers realise you are poorly educated. TONY WALES
  • Score: 43

9:24am Tue 13 May 14

TONY WALES says...

ikap22 wrote:
wilddog wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.
Thats twice now ikap22 that you have slandered someone by accusing them of being a member of the EDL. Again i will approach the LET for your IP address as i wish you to prove it in a court of law that anyone who comes on here and posts must be a member of the EDL.
Report me, I don't need to justify s**t to likes of you! You nerd, you are wrong it's total of 8 times not twice, ap# s**t.
Use an internet cafe, so they cannot find your IP address.............
.
[quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]wilddog[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You absolute turd, I'm not surprised you don't see any Asians wearing a red poppy. If you going to spend most of your time attending EDL rally's. How on the earth will you see them.[/p][/quote]Thats twice now ikap22 that you have slandered someone by accusing them of being a member of the EDL. Again i will approach the LET for your IP address as i wish you to prove it in a court of law that anyone who comes on here and posts must be a member of the EDL.[/p][/quote]Report me, I don't need to justify s**t to likes of you! You nerd, you are wrong it's total of 8 times not twice, ap# s**t.[/p][/quote]Use an internet cafe, so they cannot find your IP address............. . TONY WALES
  • Score: 1

9:43am Tue 13 May 14

ladysal says...

TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
No, you aren't allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket. But physical abue goes on throughout society regardless of religion.
No, you aren't allowed to groom underage white girls for sex. But a lot of priests / vicars / Max Clifford / Stuart Hall did just that.
Its people like you that feed the fires of racial / religious misunderstanding that this man is trying to address. Hope you are proud of your tolerance and understanding. I too read the newspapaers, but unlike you I can put them in context.
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]No, you aren't allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket. But physical abue goes on throughout society regardless of religion. No, you aren't allowed to groom underage white girls for sex. But a lot of priests / vicars / Max Clifford / Stuart Hall did just that. Its people like you that feed the fires of racial / religious misunderstanding that this man is trying to address. Hope you are proud of your tolerance and understanding. I too read the newspapaers, but unlike you I can put them in context. ladysal
  • Score: -38

10:57am Tue 13 May 14

sen c b l says...

ikap22 wrote:
sen c b l wrote:
adamdesk wrote:
this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard
Since when are Muslims
Your just a Turd! 😊
What's your problem ikrap.
[quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sen c b l[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]adamdesk[/bold] wrote: this guy has no right to speak about Islam because he hasn't even got recommended size beard[/p][/quote]Since when are Muslims[/p][/quote]Your just a Turd! 😊[/p][/quote]What's your problem ikrap. sen c b l
  • Score: -24

11:54am Tue 13 May 14

Caspar the ghost says...

Islam means "Obedience".....obed
ience to the Qur'an.
Islam means "Obedience".....obed ience to the Qur'an. Caspar the ghost
  • Score: -1

12:11pm Tue 13 May 14

fedup with your lies says...

TONY WALES wrote:
fedup with your lies wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth
"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?"

No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make?

"He should read the newspaper before speaking."

Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments.

"Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth"

Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.
I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth.
Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction?
A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books?
Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world.
Other people have a different opinion of Asian people.
Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself.
A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.
You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush.

If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!!
Very few Asian people wear poppies, look around November time.
Also why don't Asian shops sell poppies?
I will and as last November I know many will be. So are you saying all white shop-keepers sell poppies?

So come on tell me what your problem with asian people is?
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedup with your lies[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]"Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?" No to both. Are you implying that Mr Chaudry is suggesting that these things should be allowed? If so please produce your evidence. If not what point are you attempting to make? "He should read the newspaper before speaking." Please explain to those of us who lack your brilliant forensic insight exactly how reading the newspaper would be likely to influence Mr Chaudry's intelligent and refreshing comments. "Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth" Indeed. And another useful aphorism which you might like to consider is `Practise what you preach'.[/p][/quote]I read the WHOLE paper and not the articles you wish to pretend are not the truth. Are you suggesting articles in this newspaper are fiction? A bit like Harry Potter....or have you not read the books? Mr Chaudry's intelligence I do not question, but please try not to tell the population of East Lancashire that the Asian people are the greatest thing in the world. Other people have a different opinion of Asian people. Also I don't go around telling people how great the native British population of this country are......, winning 2 World Wars speaks for itself. A fact that Asian people who I never see wearing a red poppy in November,, is a measure of the regard they have for this country.[/p][/quote]You refer to winning both world wars but u seem to have to have forgotten that some of these Moslems your referring to had relatives who fought these wars with our boys n girls and lost their lives. Secondly many of my friends do wear poppies not just to honour our dead soldiers but to honour their ancestors too. I call that united. So please stop tarring all Moslems with the same brush. If you have an axe to grind don't do it by insulting the people who fought both world wars to make your point!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Very few Asian people wear poppies, look around November time. Also why don't Asian shops sell poppies?[/p][/quote]I will and as last November I know many will be. So are you saying all white shop-keepers sell poppies? So come on tell me what your problem with asian people is? fedup with your lies
  • Score: -39

12:20pm Tue 13 May 14

slants says...

I wonder how much he ;paid for this big advert ?seems to be working though a few fools have bought the book.
I wonder how much he ;paid for this big advert ?seems to be working though a few fools have bought the book. slants
  • Score: 2

9:34pm Tue 13 May 14

fireonthemountain says...

Well , some excellent and thought provoking posts .

Also some extremely stupid and ignorant ones .

My opinion ? I have a lot of time for the hard working asian community .

I know a lot , I have been to parties and weddings . I have been in many
of their houses , they are brilliant people , their houses are immaculate , their children well spoken , intelligent and very polite . Well done , you are very welcome here .

However let us look at the dark side . Certainly the minority , thank goodness .

The child beaters . The groomers . The "crash-for-cash" merchants .
The terrorists , those who preach hatred . Those who think drug dealing is just fine as it give them money , flash cars and s*x , who think women are second class citizens .

For them I have nothing but contempt .

SO DO THE VAST MAJORITY OF ASIANS .

One last little bit if I may - I have to nip to Scotland frequently .
Glasgow is alright , but be very careful in any of the nearby towns .

Parking up in a nice car and walking into a pub wearing a suit .
Speaking in an english accent .
Not a good idea .

Racial hatred is everywhere .

How sad .
Well , some excellent and thought provoking posts . Also some extremely stupid and ignorant ones . My opinion ? I have a lot of time for the hard working asian community . I know a lot , I have been to parties and weddings . I have been in many of their houses , they are brilliant people , their houses are immaculate , their children well spoken , intelligent and very polite . Well done , you are very welcome here . However let us look at the dark side . Certainly the minority , thank goodness . The child beaters . The groomers . The "crash-for-cash" merchants . The terrorists , those who preach hatred . Those who think drug dealing is just fine as it give them money , flash cars and s*x , who think women are second class citizens . For them I have nothing but contempt . SO DO THE VAST MAJORITY OF ASIANS . One last little bit if I may - I have to nip to Scotland frequently . Glasgow is alright , but be very careful in any of the nearby towns . Parking up in a nice car and walking into a pub wearing a suit . Speaking in an english accent . Not a good idea . Racial hatred is everywhere . How sad . fireonthemountain
  • Score: 4

10:38pm Tue 13 May 14

Chill out y'all says...

Very well said, Fire on the mountains. I am an Asian female and believe me I am thankfully not oppressed. In fact God help any man who tries to do so. Like you said, the vast majority of our community are warm, welcoming and honest people. Unfortunately it is the scam artists and other rotten apples who let us down...but then are they not in every community???!! As one of the earlier posters said, you only need to see the recent big news stories to see the sex scandals and shenanigans which are rife in society. We need to protect all our communities, vulnerable and children from the nastiness that is prevalent nowadays. The schools are full of kids from broken homes,no discipline and no respect for anyone. We should be setting them better examples so that they have a chance to grow up as decent hard working individuals.
Very well said, Fire on the mountains. I am an Asian female and believe me I am thankfully not oppressed. In fact God help any man who tries to do so. Like you said, the vast majority of our community are warm, welcoming and honest people. Unfortunately it is the scam artists and other rotten apples who let us down...but then are they not in every community???!! As one of the earlier posters said, you only need to see the recent big news stories to see the sex scandals and shenanigans which are rife in society. We need to protect all our communities, vulnerable and children from the nastiness that is prevalent nowadays. The schools are full of kids from broken homes,no discipline and no respect for anyone. We should be setting them better examples so that they have a chance to grow up as decent hard working individuals. Chill out y'all
  • Score: 5

12:13am Wed 14 May 14

Steven11 says...

TONY WALES wrote:
ikap22 wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Legal Beagle wrote:
TONY WALES wrote:
Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket?
And also groom and have sex with underage white girls?
He should read the newspaper before speaking.
Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouthExcellent comment Tony. ,Dragged up more like. Always remember , if a dog lives in a stable it will never become a horse !
[quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ikap22[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Legal Beagle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TONY WALES[/bold] wrote: Are you allowed to hit a young girl with a tennis racket? And also groom and have sex with underage white girls? He should read the newspaper before speaking. Make sure the brain is engaged before you open your mouth[/p][/quote]Excellent comment Tony. ,Dragged up more like. Always remember , if a dog lives in a stable it will never become a horse ! Steven11
  • Score: -2

12:18am Wed 14 May 14

Unhappycyclist says...

A nice, balanced article by an open minded, tolerant citizen of the borough, but what a lot of bigoted responses from "the usual suspects".

Personally, I don't subscribe to any faith or belief, but respect the right of anyone who chooses to.

Unfortunately, any society has its radical elements, whether they be called Stalin, bin Laden, Joseph Smith, Torquemada or Fred Phelps (google the names!), and note, please that I wrote society, not religion.

Many of the posts about this article seem to be anti muslim to an extent. I don't believe that anyone has the right to vilify any group based on their ethnicity or religion.

Radical, criminal and extremist elements of society, whatever their belief, faith or leaning should be judged against humanities morals, mores and laws.
A nice, balanced article by an open minded, tolerant citizen of the borough, but what a lot of bigoted responses from "the usual suspects". Personally, I don't subscribe to any faith or belief, but respect the right of anyone who chooses to. Unfortunately, any society has its radical elements, whether they be called Stalin, bin Laden, Joseph Smith, Torquemada or Fred Phelps (google the names!), and note, please that I wrote society, not religion. Many of the posts about this article seem to be anti muslim to an extent. I don't believe that anyone has the right to vilify any group based on their ethnicity or religion. Radical, criminal and extremist elements of society, whatever their belief, faith or leaning should be judged against humanities morals, mores and laws. Unhappycyclist
  • Score: -27

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree