When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
999 call after suspected Great Harwood gas leak
EMERGENCY services and National Grid engineers were called to a home in Great Harwood after a resident reported a suspected gas leak.
Paramedics, police and fire officers attended Hanson Street on Friday at around 9.15pm after a resident said there was a strong smell of gas.
A National Grid spokesman said: “There was a suspected gas leak, so we investigated it, checked the supply, and there was no issues.
“Then we found somebody had just left their cooker on, so we opened the doors and windows of the property to ventilate it and spoke to the resident about making sure their cooker is off when not in use.
“If people smell gas, they should call the National Grid on 0800 811 999.”
Comments are closed on this article.