When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Accrington couple escape unhurt after falling asleep with grill left on
11:24am Friday 11th April 2014 in News
FIRE crews were called to a home in Howard Close in Accrington after a couple fell asleep with the grill left on.
The couple, both in their 50s, were alerted by their smoke alarm just after 8pm yesterday evening and evacuated the property safely.
Firefighters arrived soon after and ventilated the property.
A smoke alarm also alerted a resident to a fire in the living room of a home in Hodgson Street, Oswaldtwistle, at about 9.40pm, which was sparked by a candle which was left unattended. It some damage to a hearth area.
Comments are closed on this article.