Discarded cigarette thought to have caused fire in Darwen

Discarded cigarette thought to have caused fire in Darwen

Discarded cigarette thought to have caused fire in Darwen

First published in News

A DISCARDED cigarette is believed to have started a fire in a laundry basket at a house in Darwen.

Crews were called to the house in Birch Hall Avenue, on Saturday night.

Firefighters from Darwen fire station attended at 9.30pm and found that a laundry basket was on fire.

Watch manager Keane said: “ It’s not 100 per cent clear at the moment how the fire started but we believe that it was due to a discarded cigarette.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree