Accrington care home staff praised

Addison court

Addison court

First published in News

STAFF at an Accrington care home have been praised for their ‘exemplary bravery’ after a fire on Wednesday night.

Fire crews attended Addison Court Nursing Home shortly after 10pm after receiving reports of a fire in a resident’s bedroom.

Two residents, believed to be in their 80s, were taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital after suffering from smoke inhalation.

The fire service has said that the fire appeared to have been caused by a faulty extractor fan in the toilet area of a room.

The care home staff rescued the residents and evacuated the home while the fire service was on route.

Crew manager Chris Archer said: “The staff showed exemplary bravery in the face of danger and should be commended for their selfless actions.”

A spokeswoman from the care home said: “Thanks to the prompt actions of our staff, who acted in an exemplary fashion and followed our robust procedures, a very small number of residents were moved efficiently and safely from the premises.

“We also are extremely grateful to the fire crew who attended the scene.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree