£94k benefits cheat evicted from Hyndburn home

Cleo Embley has been evicted

Cleo Embley has been evicted

First published in News
Last updated

A MOTHER-of-seven who cheated £94,000 of benefits and kept quiet about her partner moving in has been evicted from her home.

Cleo Embley, 37, was thrown out of her home in Bridge Street, Rishton, by her social landlord Hyndburn Homes.

Embley was jailed for 22 weeks in September after being caught out in the four-year scam following surveillance, Burnley Crown Court heard.

She had claimed Paul Harwood, father of six of her children, did not live with her permanently.

She admitted three counts of dishonestly failing to notify a change in circumstances to the Department for Work and Pens-ions, and Hyndburn Council, bet-ween February 2008 and March 2012.

Embley had also run into serious rent arrears, which she owed to Hyndburn Homes.

The social landlord evicted her because she owed significant rent arrears, and had illegally claimed benefits while living in the prop-erty.

Enforcement manager at Hynd-burn Homes, David Perry, said: “We feel that, as a social landlord, we have an obligation to act where tenants flout the law in this way.

“We need to send a message to those who feel they can commit criminal acts without sanction from their landlord.”

Embley has now been disqual-ified from applying for a new home through Hyndburn’s choice-based letting system, due to being ‘intent-ionally homeless’.

Shirley Faragher, from Forbes Sol- icitors, said “Forbes Solicitors are delighted to have achieved a pos-itive result for Hyndburn Homes in this case.

“The message is clear – if you commit benefit fraud, possession proceedings will be taken to evict you from your home.

“We hope that this case will deter other tenants from committing this type of offence while living in our client’s properties.”

Comments (44)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:50am Fri 7 Feb 14

woolywords says...

Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent. woolywords
  • Score: 82

10:59am Fri 7 Feb 14

Pyewacket2 says...

Being the mother of several dependent children will surely entitle this lady to Housing Benefit. My guess is that she will be rehoused within the private rented sector which will cost considerably more than being housed in a Local Authority property. Has the £94k been written off then ?
Being the mother of several dependent children will surely entitle this lady to Housing Benefit. My guess is that she will be rehoused within the private rented sector which will cost considerably more than being housed in a Local Authority property. Has the £94k been written off then ? Pyewacket2
  • Score: 29

11:34am Fri 7 Feb 14

frank says...

thats almost as much as mps swindle out of the system ;-)
thats almost as much as mps swindle out of the system ;-) frank
  • Score: 24

11:47am Fri 7 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

woolywords wrote:
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.
[quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.[/p][/quote]No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is. Stone Island:
  • Score: 71

12:06pm Fri 7 Feb 14

doylerf says...

Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall. doylerf
  • Score: 65

12:11pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

doylerf wrote:
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Good point. I wonder why?
[quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.[/p][/quote]Good point. I wonder why? Stone Island:
  • Score: 55

12:26pm Fri 7 Feb 14

useyourhead says...

His van is always parked outside one of the very posh and expensive looking houses on the road from read lights coming toward the gamecock in great harwood I have noticed, maybe she will move there now.
His van is always parked outside one of the very posh and expensive looking houses on the road from read lights coming toward the gamecock in great harwood I have noticed, maybe she will move there now. useyourhead
  • Score: 23

1:36pm Fri 7 Feb 14

noddy57 says...

scab with a clear conscience,,,,poetic justice maybe,,
scab with a clear conscience,,,,poetic justice maybe,, noddy57
  • Score: 10

1:44pm Fri 7 Feb 14

darwenTower says...

frank wrote:
thats almost as much as mps swindle out of the system ;-)
So that makes it OK then?

It doesn't matter what type of greedy, dishonest parasite a person is.
[quote][p][bold]frank[/bold] wrote: thats almost as much as mps swindle out of the system ;-)[/p][/quote]So that makes it OK then? It doesn't matter what type of greedy, dishonest parasite a person is. darwenTower
  • Score: 23

2:23pm Fri 7 Feb 14

andy1 says...

How come we never hear about the rich dodging tax and took to court? Im not condoning what this woman has done. It works both ways.
How come we never hear about the rich dodging tax and took to court? Im not condoning what this woman has done. It works both ways. andy1
  • Score: 14

2:43pm Fri 7 Feb 14

frank says...

darwenTower wrote:
frank wrote:
thats almost as much as mps swindle out of the system ;-)
So that makes it OK then?

It doesn't matter what type of greedy, dishonest parasite a person is.
no, but lets have a go at all fraud, it's all the honest people who have to pay for it, but the fraud of the rich seldom gets reported.
[quote][p][bold]darwenTower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]frank[/bold] wrote: thats almost as much as mps swindle out of the system ;-)[/p][/quote]So that makes it OK then? It doesn't matter what type of greedy, dishonest parasite a person is.[/p][/quote]no, but lets have a go at all fraud, it's all the honest people who have to pay for it, but the fraud of the rich seldom gets reported. frank
  • Score: 20

3:29pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Saj143 says...

doylerf wrote:
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Concentrate on the story pra5ts!
[quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.[/p][/quote]Concentrate on the story pra5ts! Saj143
  • Score: -25

3:57pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Damien3 says...

andy1 wrote:
How come we never hear about the rich dodging tax and took to court? Im not condoning what this woman has done. It works both ways.
The rich have accountants to help them dodge tax legally, this woman has broken the law.
[quote][p][bold]andy1[/bold] wrote: How come we never hear about the rich dodging tax and took to court? Im not condoning what this woman has done. It works both ways.[/p][/quote]The rich have accountants to help them dodge tax legally, this woman has broken the law. Damien3
  • Score: 13

4:22pm Fri 7 Feb 14

doylerf says...

Saj143 wrote:
doylerf wrote:
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Concentrate on the story pra5ts!
The one about benefit fraud you mean?
[quote][p][bold]Saj143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.[/p][/quote]Concentrate on the story pra5ts![/p][/quote]The one about benefit fraud you mean? doylerf
  • Score: 29

4:44pm Fri 7 Feb 14

shanbrurik says...

what the hell did she spend 94grand on?.she's probably got a holiday home on the Algarve or summat.With all those kids,she knows she will get housed somewhere.talk about white Dee,this one deffo takes the biscuit.!!!!!!!
what the hell did she spend 94grand on?.she's probably got a holiday home on the Algarve or summat.With all those kids,she knows she will get housed somewhere.talk about white Dee,this one deffo takes the biscuit.!!!!!!! shanbrurik
  • Score: 14

4:59pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

shanbrurik wrote:
what the hell did she spend 94grand on?.she's probably got a holiday home on the Algarve or summat.With all those kids,she knows she will get housed somewhere.talk about white Dee,this one deffo takes the biscuit.!!!!!!!
"What the hell did she spend 94 grand on"?
Drink and drugs knowing Cleo.
[quote][p][bold]shanbrurik[/bold] wrote: what the hell did she spend 94grand on?.she's probably got a holiday home on the Algarve or summat.With all those kids,she knows she will get housed somewhere.talk about white Dee,this one deffo takes the biscuit.!!!!!!![/p][/quote]"What the hell did she spend 94 grand on"? Drink and drugs knowing Cleo. Stone Island:
  • Score: 19

5:17pm Fri 7 Feb 14

moxhie says...

Hyndburn Homes are the least worthy to get on their high horse about the misdemeanours of their tenants .

Hyndburn Homes have treated their tenants like dirt , so they deserve some bad publicity far more than this lady .
Hyndburn Homes are the least worthy to get on their high horse about the misdemeanours of their tenants . Hyndburn Homes have treated their tenants like dirt , so they deserve some bad publicity far more than this lady . moxhie
  • Score: -12

5:38pm Fri 7 Feb 14

shirtbox2003 says...

She is still entitled to benefits because of the children and will be re-housed immediately by the same council maybe in the private sector.the only other alternative is to take the children into care,but even then after six weeks at a reduced rate of benefit and b&b accomodation she will then qualify for full benefits.we do not put people on the streets in this country no matter who they are or what they have done.if the council go down this route the £94,000 will fall into insignificance.
please pardon any errors in spelling or grammer I only got a 2.1 in English from oxford.
She is still entitled to benefits because of the children and will be re-housed immediately by the same council maybe in the private sector.the only other alternative is to take the children into care,but even then after six weeks at a reduced rate of benefit and b&b accomodation she will then qualify for full benefits.we do not put people on the streets in this country no matter who they are or what they have done.if the council go down this route the £94,000 will fall into insignificance. please pardon any errors in spelling or grammer I only got a 2.1 in English from oxford. shirtbox2003
  • Score: -8

6:13pm Fri 7 Feb 14

pwitch says...

Nobody has mentioned where are the children and how old are they? I hope they have not been split up as this problem is not their fault.
Nobody has mentioned where are the children and how old are they? I hope they have not been split up as this problem is not their fault. pwitch
  • Score: 8

6:52pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Saj143 says...

doylerf wrote:
Saj143 wrote:
doylerf wrote:
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Concentrate on the story pra5ts!
The one about benefit fraud you mean?
The story in question....oh hang on someone on who wants to be a millionaire or deal or no deal , I can't recall got done for fraud...etc etc.

Story in question !
[quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Saj143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.[/p][/quote]Concentrate on the story pra5ts![/p][/quote]The one about benefit fraud you mean?[/p][/quote]The story in question....oh hang on someone on who wants to be a millionaire or deal or no deal , I can't recall got done for fraud...etc etc. Story in question ! Saj143
  • Score: -9

7:14pm Fri 7 Feb 14

doylerf says...

Saj143 wrote:
doylerf wrote:
Saj143 wrote:
doylerf wrote:
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Concentrate on the story pra5ts!
The one about benefit fraud you mean?
The story in question....oh hang on someone on who wants to be a millionaire or deal or no deal , I can't recall got done for fraud...etc etc.

Story in question !
The Story in question is a scrote getting evicted for benefit fraud, yet a scrote benefit fraudster remains Mayor of Blackburn. You'll will of course defend the chairman of mosque, for just that reason. Richard III
[quote][p][bold]Saj143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Saj143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.[/p][/quote]Concentrate on the story pra5ts![/p][/quote]The one about benefit fraud you mean?[/p][/quote]The story in question....oh hang on someone on who wants to be a millionaire or deal or no deal , I can't recall got done for fraud...etc etc. Story in question ![/p][/quote]The Story in question is a scrote getting evicted for benefit fraud, yet a scrote benefit fraudster remains Mayor of Blackburn. You'll will of course defend the chairman of mosque, for just that reason. Richard III doylerf
  • Score: 18

8:16pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

Stone Island: wrote:
woolywords wrote:
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.
Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.[/p][/quote]No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.[/p][/quote]Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner? Steven Seagull
  • Score: 4

8:28pm Fri 7 Feb 14

janedoespeaks says...

I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)!

Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family!

Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'!

The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse!

The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed!

Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man!


Let it go!!!!!
I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)! Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family! Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'! The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse! The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed! Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man! Let it go!!!!! janedoespeaks
  • Score: -11

8:30pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

Saj143 wrote:
doylerf wrote:
Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.
Concentrate on the story pra5ts!
Well well Saj, Mr Doylerf plus 39 Saj minus 14, no doubt you will be calling for him to be band from posting like you did with me, no doubt you think he is a racist as well even though he appears to be telling the truth, what has Doyleaf and me got in common, we just say it how it is without any hidden agenda, the best thing you could do is quit whilst you can OR have sympathy with other peoples points of view.Cant wait for your rant again!!
[quote][p][bold]Saj143[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]doylerf[/bold] wrote: Yet benefit fraud didn't get Cllr Mulla evicted from the Town Hall.[/p][/quote]Concentrate on the story pra5ts![/p][/quote]Well well Saj, Mr Doylerf plus 39 Saj minus 14, no doubt you will be calling for him to be band from posting like you did with me, no doubt you think he is a racist as well even though he appears to be telling the truth, what has Doyleaf and me got in common, we just say it how it is without any hidden agenda, the best thing you could do is quit whilst you can OR have sympathy with other peoples points of view.Cant wait for your rant again!! Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 9

8:34pm Fri 7 Feb 14

janedoespeaks says...

useyourhead wrote:
His van is always parked outside one of the very posh and expensive looking houses on the road from read lights coming toward the gamecock in great harwood I have noticed, maybe she will move there now.
van??????
[quote][p][bold]useyourhead[/bold] wrote: His van is always parked outside one of the very posh and expensive looking houses on the road from read lights coming toward the gamecock in great harwood I have noticed, maybe she will move there now.[/p][/quote]van?????? janedoespeaks
  • Score: 2

8:44pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Manuel Hung says...

Does any-one at the Tele-graph act-ually know how to sp-ell?

I'm sure you co-uld fit a few mo-re mis-tak-es in if you wa-nt-ed?
Does any-one at the Tele-graph act-ually know how to sp-ell? I'm sure you co-uld fit a few mo-re mis-tak-es in if you wa-nt-ed? Manuel Hung
  • Score: 3

9:03pm Fri 7 Feb 14

janedoespeaks says...

http://www.lancashir
etelegraph.co.uk/new
s/10989486.East_Lanc
ashire_benefits_chea
t_claimed___33k_whil
e_living_with_transg
ender_partner/

what is the difference, fraud is fraud, yet how does 'gender', set others apart?

this woman was spared jail (suspended sentence) because of parental duties, yet Miss Embley was incarcerated!

This woman's partner was still able to care for said children if SHE had been incarcerated, yet Miss Embley's partner was left to struggle finding child care whilst trying to retain full time employment!

REALLY!
http://www.lancashir etelegraph.co.uk/new s/10989486.East_Lanc ashire_benefits_chea t_claimed___33k_whil e_living_with_transg ender_partner/ what is the difference, fraud is fraud, yet how does 'gender', set others apart? this woman was spared jail (suspended sentence) because of parental duties, yet Miss Embley was incarcerated! This woman's partner was still able to care for said children if SHE had been incarcerated, yet Miss Embley's partner was left to struggle finding child care whilst trying to retain full time employment! REALLY! janedoespeaks
  • Score: -7

9:08pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

Steven Seagull wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
woolywords wrote:
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.
Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?
Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod!
[quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.[/p][/quote]No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.[/p][/quote]Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?[/p][/quote]Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod! Stone Island:
  • Score: 6

9:18pm Fri 7 Feb 14

janedoespeaks says...

Stone Island: wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
woolywords wrote:
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.
Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?
Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod!
janedoespeaks says...

I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)!

Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family!

Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'!

The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse!

The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed!

Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man!


Let it go!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.[/p][/quote]No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.[/p][/quote]Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?[/p][/quote]Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod![/p][/quote]janedoespeaks says... I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)! Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family! Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'! The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse! The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed! Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man! Let it go!!!!! janedoespeaks
  • Score: -9

10:27pm Fri 7 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

janedoespeaks wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
woolywords wrote:
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.
Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?
Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod!
janedoespeaks says...

I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)!

Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family!

Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'!

The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse!

The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed!

Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man!


Let it go!!!!!
I don't suppose the good people of Bridge Street/Close will be too sorry to see the back of her. They may get a decent nights sleep now. It will certainly be a lot quieter.
[quote][p][bold]janedoespeaks[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.[/p][/quote]No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.[/p][/quote]Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?[/p][/quote]Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod![/p][/quote]janedoespeaks says... I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)! Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family! Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'! The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse! The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed! Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man! Let it go!!!!![/p][/quote]I don't suppose the good people of Bridge Street/Close will be too sorry to see the back of her. They may get a decent nights sleep now. It will certainly be a lot quieter. Stone Island:
  • Score: 7

1:27am Sat 8 Feb 14

shanbrurik says...

RIGHT : enough is enough. This girl has had a **** life, her parents were dick eads, she had no one to look upto.she had no guidance in life.like mother like daughter, but mother smart enough not to get caught.She is not evil, just a lost soul.
RIGHT : enough is enough. This girl has had a **** life, her parents were dick eads, she had no one to look upto.she had no guidance in life.like mother like daughter, but mother smart enough not to get caught.She is not evil, just a lost soul. shanbrurik
  • Score: -5

7:59am Sat 8 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

Stone Island: wrote:
Steven Seagull wrote:
Stone Island: wrote:
woolywords wrote:
Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her.
It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.
No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.
Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?
Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod!
Ha ha ha!!!
[quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steven Seagull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Stone Island:[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]woolywords[/bold] wrote: Am I alone in not having any sympathy for this woman, where such a patently obvious intent to defraud has taken place? I sincerely hope that both benefits offices pursue her, wherever she goes, for the monies that were paid to her. It is a complete shame that the law regarding, obtaining a Pecuniary Advantage by Deception, has been repealed in February 2007, as I would see her partner before the courts for that offence, as he must have known that she was both claiming benefits and not paying the correct level of rent.[/p][/quote]No, you're not alone in not having any sympathy. I know the lady in question, and she deserves everything she gets. Proper riff-raff she is.[/p][/quote]Ex-girlfriend is it Stoner?[/p][/quote]Ouch! I wouldn't touch her with yours, Mr Cod![/p][/quote]Ha ha ha!!! Steven Seagull
  • Score: 0

8:07am Sat 8 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

shanbrurik wrote:
RIGHT : enough is enough. This girl has had a **** life, her parents were dick eads, she had no one to look upto.she had no guidance in life.like mother like daughter, but mother smart enough not to get caught.She is not evil, just a lost soul.
Shhhhhhh listen. What's that noise?

It's the world's smallest violin playing.

Plenty of people have a sh1t life with a bad upbringing but don't go on to commit benefit fraud and generally be an anti social ne'er-do-well. There's always an excuse isn't there? It's always someone elses fault. Decent people take responsibility for their own destiny, scumbags without reasonable excuse sit back on their fat @rse and demand that everybody else gives them the means to live by.

This trout got exactly what she deserved. I only feel sorry for the people she ends up living next door to.
[quote][p][bold]shanbrurik[/bold] wrote: RIGHT : enough is enough. This girl has had a **** life, her parents were dick eads, she had no one to look upto.she had no guidance in life.like mother like daughter, but mother smart enough not to get caught.She is not evil, just a lost soul.[/p][/quote]Shhhhhhh listen. What's that noise? It's the world's smallest violin playing. Plenty of people have a sh1t life with a bad upbringing but don't go on to commit benefit fraud and generally be an anti social ne'er-do-well. There's always an excuse isn't there? It's always someone elses fault. Decent people take responsibility for their own destiny, scumbags without reasonable excuse sit back on their fat @rse and demand that everybody else gives them the means to live by. This trout got exactly what she deserved. I only feel sorry for the people she ends up living next door to. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 12

8:08am Sat 8 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

And she looks like she's been moonbathing.
And she looks like she's been moonbathing. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 2

8:19am Sat 8 Feb 14

Steven Seagull says...

janedoespeaks wrote:
I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)!

Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family!

Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'!

The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse!

The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed!

Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man!


Let it go!!!!!
janedoespeaks.......
. Utter nonsense.

Would you be happy living next to this anti social swamp donkey?

I'm sure her devoted family man partner knew nothing about her benefit fraud. I'm sure he didn't once question where she was obtaining the extra money from. I'm sure he didn't simply just acquiesce with her behaviour.

janedoespeaks, you are either incredibly naive or incredibly stupid.
[quote][p][bold]janedoespeaks[/bold] wrote: I think it is about time people took a step back and consider the facts (unlike a certain editor/journalist)! Stone Island is not the only person that knows Miss Embley and her family! Certainly, she has made a mistake and broken the law, but is it really necessary to continue victimising this family with a vendetta that in days of old would be considered as a 'witch hunt'! The "facts" in this article are inaccurate and therefore is leaving this family wide open for further unwarranted abuse! The figures quoted are far in excess of the true amounts claimed! Could it not be considered that the inaccuracy of these articles and the ill informed prior comments, are causing Miss Embley to be further ridiculed and her innocent children to be victimised in the street and school yard. Furthermore, anybody that claims to know Miss Embley, will be fully aware that her partner is a hard working yet devoted family man! Let it go!!!!![/p][/quote]janedoespeaks....... . Utter nonsense. Would you be happy living next to this anti social swamp donkey? I'm sure her devoted family man partner knew nothing about her benefit fraud. I'm sure he didn't once question where she was obtaining the extra money from. I'm sure he didn't simply just acquiesce with her behaviour. janedoespeaks, you are either incredibly naive or incredibly stupid. Steven Seagull
  • Score: 13

5:31pm Sat 8 Feb 14

zabby says...

I know what she did was wrong,it's a shame all you do godders don't feel the same anger and frustration at the massive bill illegal immigrants and foreign criminals are costing the law abiding tax payers,compared to the amount these lot cost her fraud although bad amounts to small change
I know what she did was wrong,it's a shame all you do godders don't feel the same anger and frustration at the massive bill illegal immigrants and foreign criminals are costing the law abiding tax payers,compared to the amount these lot cost her fraud although bad amounts to small change zabby
  • Score: -4

7:01pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

zabby wrote:
I know what she did was wrong,it's a shame all you do godders don't feel the same anger and frustration at the massive bill illegal immigrants and foreign criminals are costing the law abiding tax payers,compared to the amount these lot cost her fraud although bad amounts to small change
I think most people DO feel anger and frustration about the bill for illegal immigrants and foreign criminals. But this article is not about that, is it Einstein? If the LT did an article about it, we'd comment accordingly, you simpleton.
[quote][p][bold]zabby[/bold] wrote: I know what she did was wrong,it's a shame all you do godders don't feel the same anger and frustration at the massive bill illegal immigrants and foreign criminals are costing the law abiding tax payers,compared to the amount these lot cost her fraud although bad amounts to small change[/p][/quote]I think most people DO feel anger and frustration about the bill for illegal immigrants and foreign criminals. But this article is not about that, is it Einstein? If the LT did an article about it, we'd comment accordingly, you simpleton. Stone Island:
  • Score: 4

7:38pm Sat 8 Feb 14

Darreners make sense says...

94k over 4 years. So that's over 23k a year. It makes me want to give up my 13k a year job and go on benefits. I have to support 2 teenagers and they eat like horses. I might get some of my tax money back. The government have got it so wrong no wonder we are a welfare state and are bombarded by immigrants. She got everything she deserves. At least I have my self respect unlike her. More should be done to stop the benefit system being abused and ensure the scale of payouts matches the cost of living not give the life of luxury.
94k over 4 years. So that's over 23k a year. It makes me want to give up my 13k a year job and go on benefits. I have to support 2 teenagers and they eat like horses. I might get some of my tax money back. The government have got it so wrong no wonder we are a welfare state and are bombarded by immigrants. She got everything she deserves. At least I have my self respect unlike her. More should be done to stop the benefit system being abused and ensure the scale of payouts matches the cost of living not give the life of luxury. Darreners make sense
  • Score: 9

1:00pm Sun 9 Feb 14

zabby says...

Stone island you sound like a left wing looney,who just spat his dummy out
Stone island you sound like a left wing looney,who just spat his dummy out zabby
  • Score: -6

3:20pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

Putting things into perspective this afternoon, my friend has got cancer and I have received a little envelope through my door saying cancer can be cured but we need ever penny we can get, then some folk on here are trying to make out this women is a saint, well she is not, she and her boyfriend knowingly took this money, not sure if I could get £94,000 in this envelope but I would surely like to try.
Putting things into perspective this afternoon, my friend has got cancer and I have received a little envelope through my door saying cancer can be cured but we need ever penny we can get, then some folk on here are trying to make out this women is a saint, well she is not, she and her boyfriend knowingly took this money, not sure if I could get £94,000 in this envelope but I would surely like to try. Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 7

4:14pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Stone Island: says...

zabby wrote:
Stone island you sound like a left wing looney,who just spat his dummy out
If having a dislike for benefit cheats like Cleo, and simpletons like yourself makes me a "left wing looney", then so be it.
[quote][p][bold]zabby[/bold] wrote: Stone island you sound like a left wing looney,who just spat his dummy out[/p][/quote]If having a dislike for benefit cheats like Cleo, and simpletons like yourself makes me a "left wing looney", then so be it. Stone Island:
  • Score: 7

7:26pm Sun 9 Feb 14

shanbrurik says...

Do you righteous I'M AIRIGHT JACK brigade know the saying, There but for the grace of God go I.Think about it, Cleo didn't just wake up one morning and think'I know I think I'll be a druggy'.Some people get help and guidance, some end up like Cleo, or worse. But as long as You are alright EH!!!
Do you righteous I'M AIRIGHT JACK brigade know the saying, There but for the grace of God go I.Think about it, Cleo didn't just wake up one morning and think'I know I think I'll be a druggy'.Some people get help and guidance, some end up like Cleo, or worse. But as long as You are alright EH!!! shanbrurik
  • Score: -7

11:50pm Sun 9 Feb 14

Lancs - pensioner says...

shanbrurik wrote:
Do you righteous I'M AIRIGHT JACK brigade know the saying, There but for the grace of God go I.Think about it, Cleo didn't just wake up one morning and think'I know I think I'll be a druggy'.Some people get help and guidance, some end up like Cleo, or worse. But as long as You are alright EH!!!
We may be right, no more , but 94k needs a lot of explaining, drugs are not an excuse for stealing and that is what this young lady has done. End off.
[quote][p][bold]shanbrurik[/bold] wrote: Do you righteous I'M AIRIGHT JACK brigade know the saying, There but for the grace of God go I.Think about it, Cleo didn't just wake up one morning and think'I know I think I'll be a druggy'.Some people get help and guidance, some end up like Cleo, or worse. But as long as You are alright EH!!![/p][/quote]We may be right, no more , but 94k needs a lot of explaining, drugs are not an excuse for stealing and that is what this young lady has done. End off. Lancs - pensioner
  • Score: 6

5:20pm Mon 10 Feb 14

shanbrurik says...

You totally miss the point.zzzzzzz
You totally miss the point.zzzzzzz shanbrurik
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree