When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Fire in Blackburn 'could have got out of control'
12:43pm Monday 11th March 2013 in News
A BLACKBURN fire chief has warned people of the dangers of burning rubbish in back yards and gardens.
Watch manager Caoline Sturgess and crew were out at 7.30pm on Friday fitting smoke alarms when they spotted a glow behind a house in Parredale Avenue. She said: “They had set fire to a sofa in the garden but there was a load of wood stacked up against a shed.
“You can’t burn anything but garden waste at a domestic premises without a certificate from the Environment Agency. This could easily have got out of control.”