Pensioner in Rishton fire taken to hospital

First published in News

AN elderly woman was taken to hospital after a fire in her kitchen.

The 83-year-old was taken to Royal Blackburn Hospital for checks after she left a pan on the hob, which set alight.

A fire crew from Accrington attended the scene, in Company Street, Rishton, at 11.30pm on Monday.

Watch manager Rob Birtwistle said: “Luckily this lady had working smoke alarms, otherwise the effects of this fire could have been a lot worse.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree