When news happens, text LT and your photos and videos to 80360. Or contact us by email or phone.
Residents woken by Darwen van fire
1:27pm Thursday 29th November 2012 in News
RESIDENTS in Ellenshaw Close, Darwen, were woken by a huge blaze coming from a van.
Firefighters were called at 4am this morning after the Vauxhall Vivaro van, belonging to a chimney engineer, was set alight.
A woman told fire crews and police that she had seen somebody close by around the time of the fire.
A crew of five from Darwen fire station attended and were on the scene for about an hour.
Two police cars and a police dog unit also attended.
Watch manager Tony Keane said: “The van was severely damaged and a full fire investigation has begun.
“Police officers also attended and arranged for the van to be moved.”
A police spokesman said an investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101.
Comments are closed on this article.